Chapter 18

Deposed Empress General 18- Imprisoned

King Yan kept Wenqi in the palace to stay a few days; and the elder of Wen family, Wen Old Sir also rushed to Jinyang. Even though Wen Old Sir had lost a leg, but his temper was actually not crippled. Without a second word, he summoned his son home, and immediately applied some familial punishment, immediately beating him twice, only beating Wenqi's back until it was a muddy mess of blood, his skin and flesh splayed.

Fortunately, King Yan personally came forwards to beg mercy for him, and thus, the great general of Yan country was not beaten to death.

Wenqi, who was in Jinyang, was not just worried about the various generals within the camp, but there was another party that was in even more of a rush to want to know the movements of the Yan troops, and that impatience was like a fire driving their hearts. That was naturally northern Yu's king.

Daxi Qin would definitely set a trap saying that this time Wenqi made the decision on his own, deeply fearing that this time king Yan wouldn't be able to hold Wenqi back. If this time, the Yan troops truly invaded, then the consequences would be difficult to fathom.

Northern Yu's king, Daxi Cheng gathered all his officials to discuss this matter, while imperial uncle Daxi Qin submitted one additional scheme, "Yan country's Wenqi is old and tricky, with a very thorough character, and our troops had just suffered great damage, and is not well position to fight with them. However, king Yan's three sons have always been competing whether in the public eye or in the shadows, and the various consorts in the rear harem are even more competitive in their hearts, though they hide it on their faces. Why doesn't my king send out an emissary, bringing forth gold, silver, and precious stones, to confer with the queen. By passing his second highness's letter to the queen, claiming that because his second highness coveted the throne, he allied with northern Yu's armies. Upon seeing northern Yu defeated, he once again sought to come into Wenqi's graces......"

Daxi Cheng rubbed his beard, saying, "Imperial uncle is insightful. With some additional fabricated rumors, we can also claim that Wenqi had long conspired with his second highness, and intends on seizing the crown prince's position. This battle was just smoothing the road for Murong Yan."

The nephew and uncle continued discussing, and managed to think of yet another venomous scheme.

Not delaying the matter, Daxi Qin didn't trust the matter to others, but personally journeyed to Jinyang. He used the alias, Shang Ke, and bribed an eunuch of the Queen of Yan's, and met first with Queen Li.

When his second highness's letter was submitted to the queen, the queen was at first delighted, and then she frowned. Daxi Qin observed her expressions, respectfully saying, "Your highness, this is our king's gift for you."

The queen knew that she had lost composure, so she quickly cooled her expression, "What are you saying?"

Daxi Qin lightly said, "This time, the schemes of Great General Wenqi caused a loss of a hundred thousand soldiers of my northern Yu. On the surface, it is because General Wen used his troops like a god, but actually, what did he rely on? Actually, everyone knows the truth on the inside, the truly masterful one in this battle, was actually your country's second highness, Murong Yan, right?"

The queen's expression fell, and this small change didn't escape Daxi Qin's eyes, "Of course, his second highness, having such farsightedness, is Great Yan's fortune. Only, how king Yan will think...... and, general Wen has guarded the border for fourteen years, but never had done anything that was such flashy and violent. Does the queen know, why once his second highness arrived, he would suddenly have this type of courageous and strong move?"