Chapter 41

Deposed Empress General 41- Old Ailment

With the battle at Fang city, it was practically a victory without a battle. From now on, Great Yan's ruler would officially become Murong Yan, and the reason he went to Fang city, was for the sake of convincing former right minister Jiang Sanyi to surrender. As a subject son, Murong Yan, ultimately did not attack his own father king.

This silenced the mouth of those who still recollected Murong Yuan's past favor.

When they returned to Jinyang from Fang city, Zuo Canglang turned back to take a look at the city they had taken without attacking, and suddenly thought, he had ordered herself and Leng Feiyan to head towards Fang city to save Jiang Bilan. Was it ultimately because he missed her, or was it because he needed Jiang Sanyi to help him break open the window to this city?

With this battle, whether he personally made a move, no matter if he succeeded or failed, it would still have incited criticism from people all over the world, but with Jiang Sanyi's appearance, it beautifully and completely resolved this problem.

But this thought only surfaced momentarily within her mind, before disappearing without a trace.

That day when Jiang Bilan returned to Jinyang city, all the civilians all rushed to the city in Jinyang, wanted to witness this number one beauty in Great Yan's countenance.

At that time, Jiang Bilan sat within an extravagant palanquin, but the pink bead curtains were half raised, and people could slightly see the beautiful woman's flowered dress corner. The people all pointed and commented, and of course there were people that didn't care for their lives, still making underhanded comments. Although Murong Yan had broken all the barriers for his love, but this miss from Jiang family had married the abolished crown prince. This was something everyone in Great Yan knew about.

Right now, this man had already conquered the world, the queen was slain, and Murong Yuan and the abolished crown prince already no lost their place to live.

The world was within his grasp, and by just waving his finger, what unparalleled beauty could he not attain?

How was he going to deal with this royal sister-in-law that already had a husband?

Raise her in the palace, and secretly have meetings? Or, to luckily name her as a consort, to forever receive peoples' criticism?

Within the varied rumors, Jiang Bilan gripped the hem of her dress, and beyond the wavering bead screen, saw that her own father had been behind Murong Yan's body the whole time.

Right now, the street was filled with tens of thousands of people, and everyone was focused on looking at her. She lowered her head, her heart unable to not feel stifled, not knowing whether she ought to be happy or sorrowful. Actually, these days, Murong Ruo's treatment of her was not bad. Currently, Murong Ruo and Murong Yuan had completely lost, and one did not know where they were.

All these years, she had already been married to Murong Ruo. He....... did he really still love her?

She looked towards Murong Yan who was riding atop his horse, and only saw him wearing a red robe, his gaze falling on an extravagant pattern, looking like a happy and accomplished ruler.

She difficultly put away her own feeling of unsettledness, and Murong Ruo's shadow flashed a few times in her mind, the joy and excitement at having conquered this noble house's priceless daughter's heart. After all, this event had already become a well known popular tale. Within the world, the women were countless, and who could still be like this?

The carriage rode across Jinyang's great road, directly entering the palace. Jiang Bilan's heart held a sense of worry, were they just going to enter the palace like this? Without either name nor position.......