P20

Midoriya POV

I felt so...drained.

So tired. But it was peaceful. It was silent.

I could feel the sun beating a calming heat onto my skin, accompanied by a soft, chill breeze.

I like the way it ran through my hair and against my wings.

It felt so...amazing. Like I finally had a break from everything. Being here, right here, right now. I was happy.

I felt so genuine. So calm and just...peaceful.

I stared beyond the ocean, the dull greens and blues and the waves crash. Sounds of the ocean and seagulls ring through my ears. Echoing in the distance straying further from the cliff.

"Midoriya...." A quiet voice laced with worry broke out towards my left. My eyes followed slowly towards the source of the sound.

Todoroki was standing in the overgrown grass, tears streaming from his eyes, brows furrowed together in confusion.

"Hey Todoroki." my voice was dry and hoarse. The scratchy sound left my mouth as I smiled softly, aiming to ease his pained expression.

He hesitantly got closer to me, reaching out to me, as he sat down on the grass. His legs touched mine as we breathed in sync, breaking eye contact to look at the ocean.

"Where are we..?" His voice was silent like a whisper and seemed to be carried away by the wind.

"I don't know..." It burned my throat to talk, but I carried the words out anyway.

"Hey Midoriya..?" Todoroki was picking at the grass. His hands looked soft. The wind took the blades as they swiftly flew off the cliff.

"Why did you do it?" That one phrase. I would expect him to ask it sooner or later.

I stayed silent. My eyes stinging and burning with regret and shame. Who am I? I don't even know anymore.

Strange. It's awfully quiet in my head today.

"Midoriya..?"

"I...I don't know. I haven't felt like myself in a long time."

"You don't know? Okay."

That's it?

Todoroki POV

He doesn't know? What kind of half assed answer is that!!

I stayed silent for a second. Fuck being silent.

"You. You don't know? You don't KNOW? You don't know why you decided to endanger our whole class and kill people who I cared deeply about?! WHY MIDORIYA WHY?! WAS IT FOR ENTERTAINMENT?! FOR THAT FEELING OF POWER? AND EGO BOOST?!"

I don't know what's gotten into me. I just can't play along anymore. I can't play the good and calm kid who knows what he's doing. I can't pretend like our talented student and teacher weren't murdered.

Fuck pretending.

I stood up and turned around towards him, striking him across the face. Hard and fast. The sound was... interesting. Of skin against skin. The stinging pain in my hand was welcoming.

The red flush on his cheeks evidence of what I just did.

"Wh-"

"NO! YOU DON'T GET TO TALK!" I hit him again. I grab him by the collar. His green hair blowing in the wind. Torn and bloodied clothes falling from his body.