Chapter Four

*Empty awesome sex... Tomorrow, we act like acquaintances, not even friends. I want to be someone you barely remember.*
-Bijou Hunter, Damaged and the Outlaw 

Brian's P.O.V.

One month later

It was 5 p.m. on Friday afternoon, and Sal and I were at the bar, working on a pitcher of beer and unwinding after a long day of filming.

"Callie coming over tonight?" I asked him.

"Yeah, she's still working for a few more hours though."

"What time does she get out?"

"Uh, I'm picking her up at eight."

"That's an early night for her. What do you guys have planned? The usual?"

"No - actually, that's why she asked Carla to come in early for her. For the first time since we started hanging out, I talked her into going out." He replied. "There's a new restaurant she's been talking about wanting to try, and she finally agreed to let me take her. I was thinking about making a night of it and doing a movie or something afterwards, too."

What the hell! I've been trying to take her out left and right. "Sounds like a date, don't ya think?" I asked.

"I dunno, kinda." He said, shrugging.

"But it's not though. You guys are just friends."

"Yes... I'm aware." He replied, shooting me a strange look. "We always eat and watch movies when we hang out; just because we're not doing it at my house tonight doesn't mean anything different."

"Well, what about the twins?"

"Her brother is watching them." He replied. "What's with the sudden interest in my plans with Callie?"

"Nothing. Have fun," I mumbled.

I found myself feeling irritated the rest of the night at the thought of the two of them going out on what I knew Sal was considering a date, even if he wouldn't admit it. I didn't know why, but I was jealous. She didn't want to date Sal... but she definitely didn't want to date me either. Hell, she wouldn't even screw me. I just couldn't figure out why. I thought I was everything she was looking for right now; a casual, meaningless, good lay. And she didn't have to worry about me falling in love with her, like all the other mistakes she tried to be casual with before. Not to mention... I hadn't stopped imagining what she was like in bed, since the second I saw her.

Saturday's, late at night when we hung out, I'd look at her sitting next to me on the couch... and fantasize about first climbing on top of her, and slowly lowering her down onto her back. I'd think about what she looked like under her clothes. I remembered how I felt my cock stiffen in my pants as I thought about pushing my fingers inside her and feeling how unbelievably tight and wet she was. I thought about kissing my way down her entire body and finding out how fucking good she tasted... Then finally propping myself over her and fucking the living shit out of her. I imagined the sounds she made - all the little moans and whimpers. I thought about the face she made when she came, and how long it would take me to get her to fall apart underneath me. I'd be looking right at her, and listening to her talk to me about her day, as I daydreamed about her raking her fingers down my back, marking me up - not able to contain herself. I'd imagine how hot it would be when she screamed my name as I got her off and finished inside of her.

It was a perfect scenario and we both knew it; the only problem was Sal. And not to sound cocky, but I'd never really had anyone turn down my propositions before. I mean, I understood where she was coming from, and her loyalty to him was commendable; but at the same time, he shouldn't have ever had a problem with us being friends in the first place. Or if he did, the least he could have done was kept it to his damn self. Now she felt too guilty to fuck me - and I couldn't help being irritated with him and maybe even having a tiny bit of resentment towards the way he acted. Who Callie and I fucked was none of his damn business - be it each other, or someone else.