Chapter Five

*I'm not going to say it was love at first sight. It was more like 'oh hell yes please - I'll have that.' With a helping of 'right the fuck now' on the side.*
-Kristen Callihan, The Hook Up

Callie's P.O.V.

I woke up Sunday morning to Grace and Kennedy shouting downstairs. I groaned, rubbing my hands over my face. Even when I didn't have to wake up for work, there was no sleeping in; this was my alarm when I didn't set one. I realized I was naked and instantly thought of last night, smiling to myself at the memory. I rolled over, grabbing my phone and saw that Sal had texted me. My stomach dropped, and I instantly felt guilt creeping up as I remembered exactly why I had been avoiding hooking up with Brian in the first place. My first thought was he had found out about Brian and I already, and this was going to be a horrible text, cussing me out and ending our friendship. I hated the thought of keeping something from my best friend, who had always been so good to me. Especially something like this, that he specifically asked me not to do.

Now that I was officially keeping a secret from Sal, I had no idea what I was going to do. It didn't feel good, and I didn't even think that Sal knew how many times Brian and I had hung out or even if we still talked at all - let alone what had happened last night. I didn't know if it was better to lie to him, keeping up the facade that this was still just a strictly platonic friendship, or hurt his feelings and confess. Ideally, neither, but now it looked like I was going to have to make a decision. 

If I chose the first option, I knew the guilt would just build and build, until it was eating away at me. Also, there was the chance that Sal would somehow find out on his own, and if that happened, I knew he would be even more pissed that I didn't tell him myself. If I chose the second option, I had no idea how he would react, but I was terrified it would just mean our friendship ending that much sooner. I couldn't decide right now; I needed time to think on it, at least. I finally opened his text, praying that it wasn't somehow about Brian and I.

Hey you! I know it's a Sunday, but the guys and I are going to the bar later,  was wondering if you wanted to meet up with us for a couple of hours? Pick you up at 6? Drinks on me.

Hang out with both of them together? I don't think I'm ready for that. Hey! Idk if I can...  busy day. Maybe next time? Or better yet, never.

Oh come on, none of that. Just come out for a few drinks. You deserve it. Come have fun with your best friend!

I knew he wouldn't give up that easily. I'll come if Justice doesn't have plans tonight. ONLY if he doesn't have plans. I'm not taking money for a sitter, so don't even offer. Okay?

Ok, ok. See you at 6!

Sal...

I'm sorry. I just really want you to be there. I want to see you.

I sighed, not seeing a way to avoid them and knowing even if I did, it was inevitable I would wind up having to be around all four of them at some point in the future anyways; might as well get it over with. Not only that, but I didn't want to let Sal down. 

I want to see you too. I'll text you in a few and let you know.

😁👌

Really, Sal? I grudgingly pushed myself out of bed, desperately wishing I could just go back to sleep and pretend I never even saw his text. I knew I would spend all day thinking up all the possibilities of what could go wrong tonight, hanging out with both of them together.