- 5 -

CHAPTER 5

A few weeks had gone by since you had last seen Chat Noir.

You didn't think much of it, until you turned the TV in your house on and breaking news put out an alert that he was missing.

You were worried. You didn't know him well, but still.

You know that gut feeling you get where you feel like all your weight is sinking slowly and heavily into your stomach?

That's how you felt.

To your relief, you had saturday, sunday and monday off because of some school thing on monday.

You sighed as you sat down and turned the TV off. You wanted to get it out of your mind.

Him, off your mind.

You were thinking about him non-stop.

You'd only met the dude once, so it wasn't very self-explanatory.

You groaned, standing up and walking upstairs quietly.

The only noise being heard were your feet on the cold floor.

You trailed to your bed and lied down, covering your face with the large covers.

You heard your phone go off. You picked it up and put it to your ear.

"Hello?" You said.

"Hey! Marinette, Nathaniel, and I are about to hang out. You wanna come along?" Alya's voice filled your head as you heard her, along with the distant sound of kids screaming and laughing in the background.

"At the park? Sure, i guess. I'll meet you guys there." You responded.

Alya laughed.

"How did you know, you freakin' psychic." Alya said, letting out a fake gasp. You laughed.

"Alright alright, i'll be there soon! Wait for me! Bye!" You said. Alya hummed in response and you ended the phone call. You groaned as you felt the intense comfort of your bed.

"Should've said no." You said, getting up. You got a change of clothes and grabbed your phone, along with your purse, and quickly put on some mascara.

You went downstairs, found your black sandals, and slipped them on. You left a note for your mother, telling her you would be back before dinner and then you walked out of the front door.

You met Alya, Mari, and Nathaniel at the park and along with them stood another guy with a red cap and glasses on.

"Hey guys!" You waved at them. Alya and Mari gave you a hug and Nathaniel gave you a nod. You turned to the guy standing next to Alya and smiled at him.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." You held out your hand. He took your hand, smiling back at you.

"Nino. I'm Alya's boyfriend." He said. Your eyes widened as you turned to Alya, who was blushing intensely.

"Aww, look she's blushing." Marinette pointed at her face and you laughed. You linked arms with Marinette as everyone started walking. Silence fell.

"Have you guys heard?" You said, breaking the silence. Everyone turned to you and you shrugged at the ground.

"Chat Noir hasn't been seen." You said, your voice quiet and gentle. Alya nodded and Marinette seemed to stiffen. Nino sighed and Nathaniel just kept walking.

"I've only met him once, but is it wrong that i'm genuinely worried sick for him? Like what could've happened, that he hasn't even shown up to fight the last 3 akumas with Ladybug?" You continued. Alya turned to you.

"You sound like you like Chat Noir." She said.

"I said I met him once." You laughed. Alya shook her head as she laughed to herself.

✰ ✰ ✰

You and your group of friends went to a restaurant nearby and ate. You decided to leave earlier than usual, as you were tired and felt the need to lay down. You waved your friends goodbye and hugged the girls and left. You walked home and when you got home, you immediately crashed.

 You walked home and when you got home, you immediately crashed