The Grip

The bell rang and it was time to go to the first class of the day, which was science. Adelaide hated science, it was one of the only subjects she found hard in school, no matter how many times she went over it or tried to study it, she just couldn't retain the information. Adelaide watched her class all line up outside the laboratory, she observed as they all chatted with each other. Overall they looked the same but she noticed the small, finer details such as Will had now grown a mustache, which didn't suit him and Brooke's hair was now bright green. Last year she dyed it a platinum blonde and had the ends dyed yellow. Anything was better then the way Brooke had her hair last year even if it meant that it was green.

Ms.Smith walked up to the classroom and unlocked it. She was wearing her bright blue trousers with a white and blue pokadotted top. Her high heels were so high and it was obvious she struggled to walk in them.
Class started and Adelaide got all her books out of her bag arranging them neatly on the table in front of her. Ms.Smith turned on the interactive whiteboard and a slideshow popped up. It read "biology project."
Adelaide rolled her eyes so far back in her head that it gave her a headache. "Another project!" She thought. Usually Adelaide didn't have a problem with projects but Ms. Smith was the only teacher that wouldn't let you pick your own partner.

After 20 minutes of torture Ms.Smith decided to explain the project. It was worth 50% of our end of year exam and we had to research one topic in detail from our biology book with a partner. Adelaide knew it was all in her head but she couldn't help but feel like everyone's eyes were boring in to the back of her. Adelaide started to feel lightheaded and she couldn't see straight. Her breathing began to quicken and she felt like she was struggling to get air into her lungs. The walls seemed to move in around her and she could feel her body temperature dropping and rising as she went from cold to hot and sweating within a matter of seconds.
'Breath, your ok' she reminded herself. 'Breath'
As Adelaide began to calm down she realized she's must have zoned out for a good few minutes as Ms.Smith said 'and Adelaide your with.... Oscar.'

Adelaide looked up in shock.
"What was she talking about?. " Adelaide then heard whispers coming from the other side of the room. It was Lachlan and his idiotic friend Dave. Adelaide repressed the anger and walked down the room to sit beside Oscar. "The questions on page 54 will help you" Ms.Smith said as she left the room.
Lachlan and Dave whispered something to each other and laughed again.
Adelaide had enough. She turned around and marched up to Lachlan, she didn't care what the class thought.

"What was that Lachlan?" she said. Lachlan sneered at her and turned back to face Dave. "Looking for attention yet again" he whispered. Oscar watched on from the back of the room, he didn't know much about Adelaide or Lachlan but he did know enough to know that they were together 5 months ago and now they weren't.

Adelaide wasn't going to take his crap, "Grow up Lachlan!"
"Could say they same to you" he snapped back.
"Fuck off." Adelaide snapped. The whole class looked on in shock, intensely staring at them both. Adelaide could hear all the whispering going on behind her.
Lachlan's eyes filled with rage and disgust.
He grabbed Adelaide by the wrist and tightened his grip dragging her over to the front of the room. Lachlan hated when he wasn't the one who seemed in control.
"Let go of me!" Adelaide screamed.
Adelaide heard Alaya yelling, what the hell was going on. Oscar stood up, ready to pull Lachlan off her.

Suddenly Lachlan fell to the ground and smacked his head off the desk.