The kiss

Time stood still in that very moment. When they finally pulled away, they took shaky and shallow breaths. Their foreheads rested against each other as their eyes remained shut, almost unable to process what had happened. Brodie kept his hand around Adelaide's neck and they opened their eyes. They stared at each other. Adelaide smirked shyly, which resulted in Brodie smiling widely. They burst out laughing.
"Morning" Brodie said sheepishly, his voice was husky from just waking up.
"Morning" Adelaide replied, placing her hand on Brodie's cheek. She pulled him in again for another kiss, a loving and intense kiss.

Brodie made them pancakes for breakfast and they sat at the table. Adelaide however, still couldn't get her parents out of her head. Brodie saw her obvious worry.
"What was better? Trying to distract her from everything or talking about it?" He thought. As if by magic, Adelaide spoke out.
"Do you want to go for a walk?"
They both left the house, deciding to go to the local park.
"So this morning was interesting" Adelaide playfully teased. Brodie smirked, turning red and shaking his head slightly. He grabbed her hand, holding it tightly in his as they walked down the road.

"I can tell your stressed" Brodie said.
"Yeh well no shit Brodie" she replied laughing.
"I just mean with everything going on all at once, I want you to know you can talk to me."
"I know. To be honest I'm worried about Alaya. I just feel like I don't know her anymore. Oscar seems distant too after that fight him and Alaya had at my house. I just need my friends-"
Adelaide was cut off when she noticed Mr Harris and Alaya. Brodie snapped his head around to look at them. They were sitting on the side of the road. Mr Harris had his hand resting on Alaya's thigh. He leaned in closer to her. Adelaide and Brodie watched as he grabbed Alaya by the neck pulling her in to kiss him.

Adelaide felt her blood boil. Without thinking, she stormed over to them, flinging her bag at Mr Harris' head. Brodie ran after her, he never thought he'd ever see Adelaide this angry but with everything going on he didn't blame her. He was worried she'd do something she'd regret.

Mr. Harris shot up, pulling away from Alaya. He grabbed the back of his head in pain.
"Get the FUCK away from her you absolute creep" she screamed. Alaya stood up and looked at her friend shocked.
"Your fucking disgusting dating a vulnerable student" she slapped him across the face. Mr Harris turned away and tried to protect himself from Adelaide's punches, but she continued to hit him across the back.
"Your hurting my friend!" She cried out, tears rolling down her cheeks.
"Adelaide please-" Mr Harris pleaded with her, but she had enough. She could barely control herself.
Brodie ran up, pulling her off of Mr Harris and wrapping his arms around her, trying to restrain her. He continued to pull her away even though Adelaide put up a fight.
"Your going to regret this!!" She roared at Mr Harris. Alaya ran over to Mr Harris, placing her hand on his bruised cheek. They watched as Brodie gripped onto Adelaide.

Once far away enough, Brodie let go of Adelaide. She released herself and stormed off further down the road. Brodie caught up to her, taking her by the arm and spinning her around into a tight hug. Adelaide let out a deafening scream. It was as if her terrified soul had unleashed a beast. Her scream filled the street, her voice bouncing off the white washed walls. All she felt was anger, she tried to push Brodie away but he held on tighter.
"Please don't push me away." He said gently.