The girl's pact

Oscar's face dropped, he wasn't expecting that. Alaya ran over to Adelaide pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry" she whispered, a tear rolling down her face. She understood why Adelaide was so furious earlier. Oscar looked to his phone. Guilt radiated through his body.
"I'm sorry" he exclaimed, regretting not answering her calls.
"I'm fine, I don't want to think about it at the moment. We have more important things to do" Adelaide said wanting to change the conversation.
"I should've answered-" Oscar stated but Adelaide stopped him.
"I don't want your pity Oscar."

Adelaide picked up her phone and called Kellie. Brodie stood with Oscar in the corner, he patted him on the back.
"Don't feel bad for not answering, it's not your fault" he reassured him.
"Kellie, can you come over to Brodie's?... like right now?" Adelaide spoke down the phone to Kellie, Alaya's heart was pounding.
"She'll be over in ten" Adelaide reported back.

All four of them sat in the sitting room, waiting for Kellie to arrive. Alaya was filled with dread but she wanted to tell Kellie something, at least the very minimum. If it meant not having to lie or go against her friends anymore she'd do it. She whipped out her phone, texting Dylan.

"About to tell Kellie, Adelaide says sorry. I'll call over later.x"

She put away her phone and looked up at the fort in the middle of the room, raising one eyebrow. She was going to say something but then Oscar did.
"What's with the pillow fort" He quizzed.
Brodie and Adelaide glanced at each other quickly before looking away.
"Ugh, I was watching a movie last night and I wanted to be comfy" Brodie replied in his Australian accent. Adelaide smirked. Alaya saw her face turn red but didn't say anything. She'd ask another time.
"I just want things to go back to normal" Adelaide spoke out load. Everyone looked at her.
"They will" Oscar reassured.

Kellie rang the doorbell and was shocked to find all four of her friends were sitting in the living room.
"Ok, why do I feel like this is an intervention?" She asked.
"Probably because this is one" Brodie smirked. Adelaide and Alaya gave him a look. He shut up.
"Kellie, you know how, well." Alaya started.
"You know how she's in love with Mr Harris" Oscar snapped. Adelaide shushed him.
"Where is this going" Kellie was scared.
"I just.... I know that he likes me a lot too." Kellie's mouth fell open.
"Ok don't be so surprised." Alaya joked offendedly. Adelaide let out a laugh.
"The thing is. I like him too. I'm planning that, when I leave school, we're going to be together. But it won't be wrong or illegal then because, he won't be my teacher and I'm 18 so you know, age of consent and all that." Kellie's mouth fell open.
"How do you know you'll be in a relationship?" She challenged.
"We've talked about it, together. He asked me to be his girlfriend. But I said it should wait."
Adelaide looked down. If only that was true.
"Right. I don't think you should date him."
"Unfortunately, you cant stop me." Alaya retorted.
Kellie looked to Adelaide, her mouth wide open and her eyes full of fury. Adelaide shrugged.
"As long as she's open with us about him, there's nothing we can or will do." Adelaide acknowledged.

"So, you've been talking about all of this without me and then thought 'oh we should probably tell Kellie!' " Kellie mocked.
"Not that's not what happened. We called you as soon as Alaya told us." Brodie responded quickly. Kellie sat back in the sofa.
"What's with the fort?" She asked.
"It's nothing" Adelaide and Brodie said at the same time.

"Look Kellie, Alaya why don't we just go back to mine. We can talk about it all there? Just us girls?"
Alaya and Kellie nodded their heads in agreement. Oscar agreed to stay at Brodie's and all three girls left.
Adelaide also hadn't told Kellie about her parents yet, and she didn't think about how things would be back at her house but she would see when she got there. When they finally got to Adelaide's house, she turned the key in the door, opening it and throwing her bag down. The air felt heavy. The atmosphere was excruciatingly awkward. Adelaide's mother ran to her.
"Where have you been oh my gosh, I was worried sick" Gwyneth embraced her daughter in her arms.
"I need to call your father, he was out looking for you!"
Kellie looked to Alaya in confusion. It finally clicked with Alaya that the fort wasn't just for "watching a movie." She smiled.
"I can't wait to ask Adelaide about this" she thought.

Adelaide ran up the stairs to her room, prompting the girls to come with her. Once in Adelaide's room she flopped into the bed, but quickly jolted up.
"Wait, you guys haven't been here in ages!" She said shocked.
They all agreed, the girls hadn't realized how much all this drama had affected them.
"Where were you, how come your mam was worried about you?" Kellie asked.
"My parents are splitting up, I left the house when they told me last night." Adelaide replied, Kellie pulled her into a tight hug.
She was getting sick of having to tell people this.
"It's fine, I'm not thinking about it right now-"
"But your thinking about last night!" Alaya said excitedly.
They both looked at her puzzled.
"The fort?" She sang, raising her eyebrows.
"Fine, I stayed at Brodie's last night"
Both girls gasped dramatically, covering their mouth with their hand.
"And they fucked!!" Alaya yelled excitedly.
"NO!" Adelaide remarked. There was silence, until they all burst out laughing.
"We kissed, but anyway stop changing the conversation!"
"No rewind that!" Kellie blurted out, gripping Adelaide's arm!
"You KISSED Brodie Williams!!!!???"
"Yes!"
Alaya and Kellie squealed. Adelaide had missed this. She thought about how unfair it was that Alaya couldn't have this, she couldn't gossip and get excited about Mr Harris.

"Alaya, I'm sorry, for being so negative about the whole thing." Adelaide said sincerely. They pulled each other into a hug.
"Don't apologize." She whispered. Kellie looked at them both, she thought of an idea.
"Why don't we make a pact?" She questioned.
"Pact?"
"Yeh, don't keep secrets from your friends!" She said with a cheeky smile.
"Ok" they both agreed.

"So tell us about Brodie!" They giggled.