Brodie

Adelaide backed away in shock. The class gasped in horror, although Alaya quietly whispered "he deserved it" to Kellie, who immediately shushed her. Lachlan was groaning and gripped the desk for support, using it as a crutch to stand. His face was marked and his eyebrow was gashed open, bleeding slightly. She turned around to see who pushed him away, and looked straight into the eyes of a stranger.

He was around the same age as her , possibly a little older, 19? He was quite handsome if Adelaide was being honest. He had brown hair with dirty blond highlights and it swooped across his face with loose curls at the ends. He was taller then Adelaide and much taller then Lachlan.

Adelaide stood looking at the stranger in shock for what seemed like forever. A disorientated Lachlan stumbled over to them. "Who the f-fuck do you think you are!" he screamed. Lachlan swung his hand up to punch the mysterious new guy, but Adelaide stood in between them. "Don't" she said in an even tone, the type of tone your mother uses when she's done with your naughty behavior. Adelaide stopped Lachlan's hand from coming any closer. He stood there, with a confused expression across his face, he was obviously dazed from when he hit his head off the table.
"Do you know who I fucking am, how dare you push me!"
"Maybe don't touch her then" said the stranger in a Australian accent.

Adelaide really couldn't get her head around what just happened. What was this mysterious Australian boy doing in her class? Was she dreaming? Lachlan and the boy stared at each other until the door opened. Adelaide and Lachlan ran back to their seats but the boy stood there waiting for the teacher.
"Ah! You must be Brodie" said Ms.Smith.
Brodie nodded, Adelaide tossed the name around in her mind.
"Brodie? It suits him" she concluded.
"Brodie is all the way from Melbourne, Australia!" Ms.Smith continued. "Now let's see who will you be partnered up with for the project, ah yes, I'll put you with Lachlan!"

Shit.

Adelaide turned to Oscar. Oscar was one of the nicer guys out of the bad bunch in her class. He spoke to everyone, including Adelaide, Kellie and Alaya. He had an innocent face, which made you want to protect him from everything bad in this world. Oscar stared back at Adelaide with concern. He was worried not only about her, but also about Brodie and Lachlan being paired together, that wouldn't go down well. He was about to say something to Adelaide when the bell went. Everyone left the room, only leaving Brodie, Oscar and Adelaide.
"Should I go over and say something?" she thought to herself, she unconsciously looked to Oscar for advice but realized he couldn't hear her inner thoughts. Adelaide walked behind Brodie who left the classroom before her. She was about to say something when he turned around and asked her "are you ok?"