The more you know

Adelaide wrapped her jacket tighter around as she walked home in the cold. She just wanted to get home and lie in her bed, forget about what had happened today. She reached her front door and put the key in the lock, twisting it and opening the door, only to hear the sound of yelling from the kitchen. They were fighting again. She put her head down and shut he door as quietly as possible, trying not to draw attention to herself. Suddenly there was silence, they heard her.
"Now look what you've done" she heard her mam whisper.
"What I've done!?" Her dad screamed.
Adelaide ran upstairs and stuck her earphones in her ears, quickly putting on a song to drown out the arguing. Adelaide's parents had been like this for some time now.

Adelaide shut her room door and flopped onto the bed, throwing her bag down. Her room was the perfect definition of a teenagers room, blankets sprawled messily across the bed, cloths on the floor, a suitcase still packed from a recent trip and papers all over the bed that she had practice her drawings on. Adelaide threw her baggy Rolling Stones t-shirt on. It reminded her of Oscar, he loved The Rolling Stones. She opened her laptop and waited impatiently for it to turn on. An incoming FaceTime call from Kellie startled her. She answered.
"Hey Kellie, can I call you back later" she said, conscious of the fact you could still hear her parents arguing.
"No, no I have gossip." She giggled.
"Ok, what is it?"
"Brodie!"
Adelaide stomach dropped but she was intrigued.
"Oh my god, what did you do!?" She laughed.
"I may or may not have stalked him all over social media, I could be an FBI agent I found out so much!" She exclaimed proudly.
"Go on tell me then!"
"Well, he went to a school in Australia called Xavier's? He was on the football team, his favorite colour is red, he had a girlfriend..."
"Oh" Adelaide was kind of surprised.

"Well that's not all hunny, he's been doing some serious sub-tweeting, "I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of fake people!" It's the last thing he wrote before he moved because the next thing he tweeted was a picture of an the airplane" she reported.
"Wow"
"I know right"
Adelaide thought for a second. "So what, I mean lots of people do that."
"Yeh but this is Brodie"
Adelaide laughed, "we barley know him!" She exclaimed.
The girls talked for hours upon hours until they both decided to go to bed. Just as Adelaide was about to sleep her phone lit up, it was a text from Oscar.
"Hey, just wanted to make sure, your ok?"