Brodie's plan

Brodie walked Adelaide back to his house, his hand rested around her shoulder and he gripped onto her, supporting her up. He had noticed his neighbors giving him odd looks as they walked home, but he didn't care. He was only concerned about Adelaide.
"Her whole world just seems to be crumbling beneath her, how do I make this better?" He thought. He contemplated speaking to each of their friends individually but decided the only way they were ever going to make progress in their group was if they were all forced together. That's when it clicked.

"Here, sit down." Brodie pulled out a chair for Adelaide and she slumped down into it. He ran his hand across her cheek, wiping away any tears that were left. Brodie had devised a plan that he was almost sure wouldn't fail. He left the room and made a few calls. Adelaide sat miserably at the table. When Brodie returned, he couldn't stop looking at her. He knew she was upset, but he couldn't fathom how stunning she was, her auburn long hair hung loosely in big curls that were "styled by the gale force winds." Brodie smirked as he thought of that analogy, Adelaide's hair always seemed to curl when the wind blew through it. Within a few minutes the door bell began to ring.

"I thought you said your dad wasn't home?" Adelaide questioned.
"It's not my dad" he said running to the front door. Oscar walked in. Adelaide looked up at him, he went to greet her before realizing her face was red and her eyes were puffy from crying.
"What happened?" He quizzed her, concerned. He bent down to look at her, resting his hand on her knee.
"You would know if you answered your calls" she snarled, pushing his hand off her knee and walking over to the other side of the kitchen. Oscar looked at her in disbelief.
"What calls?"
"I called you twice last night and you didn't pick up!" Adelaide snapped.
Oscar looked down at his phone trying to remember what he was doing last night.
"I never saw your calls."
Adelaide nodded her head sarcastically, turning away to look out the window.
"Well are you going to tell me what happened?"

Adelaide would've told him, but she would've told him bitterly. She was bitter that Oscar didn't answer her calls, she wanted him to feel bad.
Her thinking was interrupted when the doorbell rang again. This time Alaya walked in.

She clutched Adelaide's bag to her chest and drifted into the kitchen, placing her bag down on the table. She looked straight at Adelaide who had her arms folded. Oscar looked back and forth between the two, confused as to what was happening.
"Where's your boyfriend?" Adelaide questioned acrimoniously.
"Adelaide, What happened back there?" She asked, baffled as to why her friend had gone off the rails. Adelaide looked to Brodie, ignoring Alaya's question.
"Where's Kellie?" She requested.
"I thought we weren't telling Kellie?"
"We're not" snapped Alaya.

Adelaide rubbed her forehead with her hands and started laughing in disbelief to the nerve of Alaya.
"You know she'll just tell someone Adelaide"
"I can't lie to her anymore!" Adelaide yelled at Alaya. Alaya put her head down.
Oscar walked over to Adelaide, putting his hands on her shoulders.
"Adelaide, calm down. We're not lying to Kellie, we're just-"
Adelaide broke free from his grip and sat down on the chair. Alaya bent down to face her, resting her hands on the chair.
"Adelaide, what wrong? I get it, you hate Dylan. I understand that but, I've never seen you act like this. Your not the type of person to react so violently."
Adelaide looked up at Alaya,
"I feel like I barley know you anymore Alaya." Alaya looked down regretfully. She took Adelaide's hand, like a mother would take their child's.
"Look Adelaide, I know your worried about Dylan- Mr Harris hurting me. But he won't! He's a nice guy! The only person hurting me right now, is you." She said it patronizingly. It infuriated her.
Adelaide gave Alaya a blank stare.
"How dare you" she muttered angrily. She stood up letting Alaya topple over. Brodie went to help her up. So far his plan wasn't working.

"Guys come on, there must be some way to work through this! Our ski trip is in a week, do we really all want to be fighting! Why can't we just sit and talk?" Brodie tried to negotiate with everyone. They all looked down ashamed at how much they let this situation escalate.
"Fine Alaya. If you were more open with me about your relationship with Mr Harris then I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal." Adelaide spoke out. Oscar looked up at her shocked but Adelaide felt defeated in this whole situation.
"Ok, I'll be more open, if that's what it takes. I won't lie. I promise" she said.
"You've made promises before and never kept them" Oscar retaliated. Adelaide gave Oscar a look as if to say 'don't make this any worse than it already is.'

"Another thing. You tell Kellie" Adelaide demanded.
"What!? You know she'll-"
"I'm not saying tell her everything. I'm saying at least tell her that you want to have a relationship with him when you leave school because you both like each other."
"Fine." Alaya too, didn't want to fight with her friend.

Brodie looked at Adelaide, he wanted her to tell them about her parents, she needed all her friends around her right now.
"Is this settled then?" Brodie asked.
"Tell Mr Harris I'm sorry" Adelaide whispered, almost hoping Alaya wouldn't hear. It killed Adelaide but it was the right thing to do.
"I will. Thank you" Alaya felt overwhelmed with gratitude that her friend had finally accepted them. She didn't care about Adelaide attacking him anymore or what everyone else thought, she was happy that finally, she had her friend back and Adelaide was happy too.
"Is someone going to tell me what happened?" Oscar interrupted, confused.
"It doesn't matter anymore" Adelaide cut him off. But Brodie wanted her to tell them, and he wanted Alaya to tell Oscar about the kiss with Mr Harris.
"I kissed Mr Harris and Adelaide saw me, she threw her bag at him." Alaya blurted out, slightly smirking at the last part.
Oscar rolled his eyes but looked to Adelaide waiting.

"My parents are splitting up." Adelaide said quickly. She glanced up at Oscar, "that's what the calls were about."