The Ski Trip: Part 2

It was one o'clock, the class simultaneously met up in the big cabin and waited for their skiing equipment and instructors. Once they all had their ski boots, skis and poles, they took a chair lift up to the top of the mountain. Kellie clung to Adelaide as they got higher and higher. Adelaide shut her eyes and hid behind her jacket. She did not like heights. However, the view from the top of the mountain was incredible. They were looking down at a vast landscape of snow and trees that stretched on for miles and miles. Once they were all assembled and accounted for, the group began their first lesson on a smaller slope.

Oscar and Adelaide laughed and bonded over how terrible they both were at skiing. Every time they went down the mountain together, they kept sliding off centre and to the right. At one point, Oscar slid into Adelaide and they both toppled down head first into the snow. Oscar ended up lying over Adelaide.
"Shit, sorry" he said as he rolled off of her, laughing.
"That's ok, just, you know, why don't you break my back while your at it!" she giggled jokingly.
Brodie was a pro at skiing even on his first try, which was ironic because he had never seen snow in person before. On every try, he skied perfectly down the mountain and turned back to look at Adelaide, who stuck out her tongue at him for being so good. Mr Harris stayed very close to Alaya, often skiing down the slope before or after her and traveling back up together. The group spent hours practicing and eventually, they all successfully made it back down to the main cabin.

After dinner, the class went back to their own cabins. They had hours of free time to hang out with one another and get ready for the next day. Adelaide, Kellie and Alaya went back to their cabin. The boys promised to come in and hang out with them later in the evening, once they had everything prepared for the day after. The girls put more logs into the fire and watched as the fire consumed the wood, listened for the crackling noise of it breaking and watched bright bursts of orange and red flames flare from the fireplace. Adelaide changed into her dark grey tracksuit bottoms and threw on her baggy Rolling Stones t-shirt. The cabin was cold so she brought a burgundy hoodie down stairs with her and waited for the other girls. Kellie was already in the sitting room setting up the throw blankets and pillows so they could all cozy up together and watch a film, preferably a Disney film. Alaya went to the kitchen and made five hot chocolates and left the door open down the hall so that the boys would smell the aroma.

In less than two minutes, both boys came charging into the cabin searching for the hot chocolate.
"Oh, Alaya, I see you made hot chocolate!" Oscar said staring at the mugs.
"Yeh but none for you. Sorry" she sassily replied.
"There's five mugs?"
"Yeh the extra one is mine. I'm having two!"
Oscar laughed, then rubbed the back of his head and bit his lip awkwardly.
"What?" Alaya questioned seeing his obvious discomfort.
"I miss this." He admitted.
Alaya put down her mug of hot chocolate and sat on the bar stool.
"Miss what?"
"I miss our bantering, I miss getting along with you so well."
"I don't understand?"
"It hasn't been the same since our fight."
Alaya sighed, thinking back to the time when they fought in Adelaide's house.
"I'm sorry for calling you desperate, and for being such an idiot, AND for not supporting you like a friend when I should've. I just didn't want you to get hurt and I guess Mr. Harris just seemed like bad news."
"Oscar...." Alaya looked up at him, he waited to hear her response.
"Your only doing this because you want hot chocolate!" She dramatically yelled, pointing her finger at him and stepping away.
"How dare you!" Oscar caught on to the joke, standing up and pointing his finger at her.
"How dare you point your pathetic finger at the hot chocolate queen!" She screamed. Alaya picked up a glass of water on the counter and threw it at Oscar, splashing him in the face. He got a shock and stood back, mouth open. He opened his eyes and they both laughed until they couldn't breath.
"That was for calling me desperate all those weeks ago" Alaya smiled.
"Ok, I deserved it. Now, bring it in? Hug? Come on! You know you want to?"
Alaya ran around the counter top trying to get away from him but he pulled her into a tight hug, drenching her hoodie with water.
"Thanks for that Oscar" she said sarcastically, but hugged him back.