ii :

━ y'all gonna love this💗💓💞

eddie wore an orange knit sweater, a thin silver ring on his index and ring ringer. vintage jeans that were rolled up at the end, used reebok's.

he checked himself in his vanity mirror, ghosting his finger over his scar. he widely smiled, his chipped tooth on display.

he wasn't ashamed of his scar or tooth, people found it either cool and adorable. they were his imperfections.

"mommy, i'm heading out!" he bellowed, he ruffled his bronze hued hair.

"where?" he could hear her call out. "the park!" he responded in a holler.

it was quiet for a few seconds, eddie could practically hear his mother thinking.

"alright, i guess. be safe, please!" eddie nodded even though she couldn't see him, "okay," he responded.

the leaf eddie named, winkle, had grown and wrapped it's leafy arms around a gray, wool beanie and handed it to eddie.

"thank you, wink," he gratefully nodded, poking at winkle.

winkle had grown longer, wrapping around eddie's frame and hugged him. eddie giggled, hugging his stem.

"i'll be back, winkle." eddie could feel his grip loosen, shrinking back to his normal size.

winkle was a plant that had been growing on the outside of eddie's window, once eddie could control his ability, winkle appeared and teasingly poked at eddie.

winkle and eddie became close ever since, sometimes winkle grew as long as a full grown python and threw eddie in the air, catching him and repeatedly spinning him and twirling him.

whenever sonia wasn't home, winkle would grow incredibly long, he could stretch to the downstairs.

they would play tag and hide n' seek, maybe even wrestle, but eddie had to be extremely gentle.

he wouldn't know what he would do without winkle, he was one his best friend's.

"bye, wink!" he whisper-shouted, running out.

he pressed a light kiss to his mother's cheek, waving her 'bye' and off he went.

the air was warm, the sun smiled down on the town of, derry. it felt like just yesterday that sunflower saved him from falling.

eddie skipped all the way to the nearest park, waving at the grass, the grass shook in response, but not from the light breeze.

once he arrived, it was pretty vacant. eddie softened once he saw his favorite oak tree, standing there proudly. eddie dashed the rest of the way, once he made it, he hugged the trunk.

"hello, oak," he spoke in a hushed tone, he felt thick, hard wood wrap gently around him.

eddie stepped back, smiling brightly at oak. he tapped oak, commanding it to lower it's thick branch.

the branch bent and lowered, once it barely touched the ground, eddie propped his bottom down and it lifted him high in the air.

he eyed all the fresh, green leaves. "good day," he spoke in a english accent, the branch that held the litter of leaves reached down and pushed him, oh those damn leaves.

they were always so mischievous, sneaky and competitive. eddie yelped as he fell off, the branch was swift and caught him, only to throw him high in the air.

he shrieked, reaching out to grab something to keep him from falling. the leaves shook with laughter, the branch grabbed his foot and swung him upside down.

eddie felt a laugh choke up, pretty soon, he was laughing wildly. oak or those mischievous leaves would never actually hurt him, never.

the leaves have decided that they had enough, they slowly, but surely put him down. he sat, laughing hysterically as he clutched his stomach. he wiped at flowing tears.

suddenly, eddie caught something. his laughter halted as his eyes widened in shock.

a boy was staring at him from afar, his eyes were comically wide as well, his mouth hung open. then, he sprinted into a run.

@SPIDEYMILK🐝