xxi :

━ brace yourself⛈homophobic slur and violence.

"mama's really tired, if i'm being honest, i think she's sick,"

eddie was speaking with jane on the telephone, jane and joyce recently got home in indiana.

"oh no, why do you think?" eddie asked, worried.

"she's been really tired, sleeping a lot. she also fell today when getting out the car, she said she just tripped, but i saw." jane clarified.

"maybe .. talk to her? aunt joyce looked fine when she was here."

"yeah .. i'm gonna go now, eddie. i'll talk to her though, oh, how's richie?"

"richie? he's," eddie bit his lip, twirling the cord.

"good, he's good." he breathed out, smiling like a dork.

"well, that's good, bye, eddie!" she chirped.

"bye, jane. tell me about aunt joyce later, say hi to jonathon and will for me!"

"alrighty."

eddie hung up the phone, turning around to see his mother. "eddie-bear, who was that?"

"jane," he simply responded.

sonia nodded, she grabbed her purse. "i have to run out to get a few things, you'll be alright here?"

eddie tilted his head to the side, "can i go?" he asked.

sonia shook her head, "it's for my job, i'll be a while. maybe you can visit that tree that you love so much?"

eddie smiled slightly, "uh-huh, yeah."

"alright, dear. i'm off!" she called from the front door, making sure she had everything with her. eddie watched her leave.

when eddie heard the car speed away, he raced upstairs to put his reebok's on. winkle, like always, grabbed eddie's favorite beanie and plopped it on his head.

"later, wink!" he dashed down the stairs, skipping out the door. sprouting dandelions brushed against eddie's leg, he bent down and poked at them. they shuttered, wrapping around his arm and pulling him.

dandelions were always so playful, teasing. eddie skipped past them, making a bee-line to oak. "ed's!" eddie stopped in his tracks and looked behind him.

richie had a skateboard between his arm, slowing down after eddie. "hi, 'chee," he said cheerefully.

richie grabbed his hand, intertwining them. eddie happily kissed his cheek, richie grinned and hugged him. they both stayed that way, until they walked to oak.

eddie and richie giggled about something, both so happy and loving. that was until richie gasped, eddie gave him a questioning look. he turned to see what richie was looking at, he froze.

there, clear as day on oak's treek trunk, was a carving; TWO LITTLE FAGGOTS, SITTING IN A TREE. F-U-C-K-I-N-G!!

eddie felt his world die, the wind slowed down and everything became slow motion. richie's concerned calls slowed down, and it was just eddie and oak.

his fist curled into a ball, his eyes darkened with pure rage and fire. embarld green, electric waves started to glow around him. his hair levetated, a white cloud was around his eyes.

"fuck, eddie!" richie panicked, he grabbed at eddie's wrist, but was intensely shocked. he fell back, but the grass held him up. eddie had a strong glare, this was oak, who could have done this?

oak was very special to eddie, so was winkle and just nature itself. whoever did this was going to fucking pay, no one hurts his friends. no one.

"who did this!! " eddie roared, the leaves rattled, creating a venomous sound, like a rattlesnake. the clouds in the sky circled, the people of derry were petrified, confused.

the grass suddenly pointed into the direction of the perpetrator, eddie quickly stomped, following the direction. richie followed closely behind, having a feeling of who did this.

"ed's, eddie please, stop!" richie cried out.

eddie followed the grass until he couldn't, he was now on concrete. he heard the sound of talking and cackling, richie instantly recognized that voice.

eddie swiftly was brought to an alleyway, dark, damp and smelly. it smelled of fresh roadkill, rotting food. and there, stood henry bowers with three other boys.

one who looked a bit heavy, one who was very slender and lanky with long dark hair. the third was little with bleached blonde hair, eddie growled at the mullet wearing male. "bowers!! "

they all spun in the direction of the thundering voice, to see a small boy who was slightly floating. his hair was standing straight up and electric bolts shot out from his body, the three gulped, but henry showed no sign of fear.

"eddie, nice to see you again," he snarled, pulling out his switchblade. "it was you, wasn't it?" eddie said in a hateful tone.

henry snickered, looking back at his nervous crew. "maybe." henry shrugged like it was nothing.

suddenly, eddie raised both his hands, they were shaped like claws. the ground below their feet cracked, henry and the other boys stumbled and tripped. plants that were trapped under had now shot out.

they were thick, tall and terrifying. the three boys in henry's group screamed, they went running for their life.

"eddie, don't do this!" richie pleaded.

eddie slowly pointed his finger at henry, that's all it took before they grabbed at him. they tossed him up and caught him, eddie made a gesture to the brick wall. the plants then slammed henry against it.

"no! stop, stop, eddie!" richie pulled on eddie's leg, but the electricity was too much to handle. he got knocked off his feet.

eddie continued to make the plants throw him up, henry's switchblade fell from his palm, landing upright into the ground. the plants then squeezed henry tightly, making him howl in pain.

eddie surged forward, grabbing henry by the hair and throwing him up on the wall, the plants held him there. a young, small vine grasped the switchblade, handing it to eddie who snatched it.

richie gasped, he didn't care about intense the pain was, he wasn't going to let eddie do this. sure, he hates henry, but eddie wasn't like this, he wouldn't.

eddie scratched the blade against the wall next to henry's head, mocking and teasing him. he then pressed it on henry's throat.

"you've got a scar, mind if i give you another?" he smirked, using the same line that henry used against him.

before eddie could end his life, richie grabbed onto his ankle. not letting go, not matter how much shock he was receiving.

eddie widened his eyes, dropped henry to the ground. "e-e-edd-ie .. p-ple-ase .." he begged.

eddie's eyes flicked to those beautiful, honeycomb hued eyes. "richie!" he breathed.

his hair fell flat, the electricity died and eddie fell from the air. "eddie, no!"

eddie layed limp of the dirty, wet concrete. he started to twitch uncontrollably, foaming at the mouth. his eyes were rolled back as he gargled slurred words.

"fuck, fuck, shit, fuck! eddie!"

@SPIDEYMILK🐝