xxiv :

━ teehee 💓💗💕

-three days later-

richie was devastated for eddie, he even felt horrible himself. it was three days later, richie knew how close winkle and eddie were. he would never be the same.

richie stepped on the kaspbrak's welcome mat, ringing the doorbell. sonia kaspbrak swung open the door, she was in floral dress and her hair was in rollers. "good afternoon, mrs.kaspbrak, is eddie home?"

"not at the moment, he's at the park. why?"

"oh, thank you. i just need to talk to him,"

sonia put a hand on his shoulder stopping him, "make my boy happy, he hasn't been doing so well for the past couple days and i'm worried."

richie sadly smiled, nodding. she let him go and he grabbed his skateboard from the bush, riding it down the street.

-

richie peered up at oak, it still stood confidently even after the storm. the grass was wet, there was mud. richie could see the tip of eddie's reebok's, the leaves were covering him.

richie guessed that oak, the leaves and the grass heard of winkle's death, understanding that eddie wanted to be alone. "eddie, can i come up?"

no answer, richie sighed. he looked down at the grass, it rubbed at richie's leg affectionately, to which richie smiled fondly.

he put his skateboard down next to oak, "o-okay, i'm coming up!" he struggled to climb up, "sorry, oak." he whispered to him, patting his tree trunk. richie grabbed onto a thin branch, hoisting himself up.

he took one last step up and dropped his bottom next to eddie, he looked so distraught. instead of those soft looking knit sweaters, he wore a maroon sweatshirt and dark, vintage pants. his hood was up and he was hugging his knee's.

all you could see were his red eyes, so tired and sad. richie moved over and pulled him into his lap, kissing eddie's cheek.

richie understood that eddie wasn't up for conversating, so they sat in silence.

"it's all my fault.."

richie turned to look at eddie with a look of suprise, "no, it isn't. don't say that, how were you supposed to know there would be a storm?" he explained.

"i pushed him out .. i never done that before.." his voice was raspy and emotionless, this was really tough on him.

"eddie, quit it. you were in the moment, that wasn't something you could control. i get it, winkle was your best friend, you loved him, but you are not to blame for his death,"

"b-but i-i yelled at him-"

"i understand why you're so upset, but blaming yourself isn't going to make you feel any better. you aren't the only one who loved him, jane did and i did too. i feel partially to blame, but that isn't going to help. winkle loved you so much, i can tell. he will always live within your heart, he'll forever be your best friend."

eddie lifted his head, he started to cry. he cuddled into richie and hugged him tightly, "it's okay to cry, ed's. let it all out." he rubbed his back, kissing his hair.

eddie did let it out. he sobbed and sobbed, shaking and screaming. richie comforted him through it all, telling eddie how much he meant to him.

-two hours later-

the water somewhat dried and the sun made an appearance, eddie layed on top of richie, richie playing with eddie's hair.

"ed's?"

"don't call me that, and yeah?"

"did you .. regret it? regret what we did?"

eddie stared up at him, a lovely smile blossomed on his face.

"no, not at all. that was me giving you a piece of me, richie. it was special to me, 'chee."

richie relaxed, "good, i didn't either." he grinned warmly.

eddie giggled, they both shared comfortable silence.

"eddie?"

"yes, richie?"

richie paused, taking a deep breath.

"do you-would you,"

richie sat up, eddie eyed him confusedly. "what is it?"

"would you be my boyfriend?" he shyly asked, eddie gasped.

"y-yes, yes!" he jumped on richie, squeezing him tightly.

richie laughed, tickling eddie's side. he fidgeted and pushed richie lightly.

"'chee!"

@SPIDEYMILK🐝