xvi :

━ ooh💞♥️💘

"i promise we'll play tomorrow." eddie sadly spoke to winkle, everyone was waiting for eddie downstairs to begin their sleepover. including stan and ben who were invited.

bill and mike were busy, babysittin bill's little brother or working on the farm. eddie claimed he needed to use the bathroom, but he simply want to talk to winkle.

winkle tugged on his finger, "no, wink. i can't play, my friends are over." eddie nudged him away.

winkle may have been a plant, but eddie could sense his sadness. "wink .. do you feel like i'm forgetting about you?"

winkle lowered his 'head', shrinking back to normal and becoming still as a statue. "wink, don't ignore me, c'mon."

"ed's!"

eddie sighed, "i'm sorry, winkle. we can play tomorrow, i've gotta go." he frowned and walked out of his gloomy bedroom.

once he was downstairs, richie grabbed him and picked him up. "ah, richie!" eddie yelped.

it felt different. eddie's been is oak's 'arms' and he's been in winkle's 'arms', it felt new to be in a human's arm.

"we're gonna play some games, you can sit next to me!" richie jumped in a spot, eddie in his lap.

"yo, you said; next to you, not on your lap." stan fired.

"ah, shut up. you're just mad bill and mike ain't here." richie teased, stan huffed and looked away.

"what're we gonna play?" ben questioned them.

"ooh, how about a truth or dare classic!" jane clapped her hands. "more like cliche, boring!" richie boo'ed.

"okay then, spin the bottle?" jane suggested. eddie felt richie tense in his lap, "yeah, i'm down." richie causally spoke.

"splendid!" bevv chuckled, jane got up speedily to grab an empty, apple cider bottle. she plopped herself next to bevv and placed it in the middle.

"who's first?"

"i'll go," stan volunteered, they all watched with anticipation as he grasped it and spun.

it landed on jane, she gawked at stan and got on her hands and knee's crawling towards him, he did the same.

they met in the middle and pressed their lips firmly together, the kiss lasted for about five seconds, before jane pulled away. "not bad," jane winked.

jane grabbed onto the bottle, spinning it and it landed on ben. ben bashfully smiled, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. jane stood up and quickly planted a sweet kiss to his lips, he gasped, but tried his best to kiss back.

jane pecked his cheek after and sat back in her spot, "ooh! jane's gettin' all the fella's!" richie howled, jane slapped his knee.

someone spun for ben, landing on eddie. "sorry .. not into boys, but you are adorable, eddie." ben smiled softly, eddie giggled. "that's quite alright, ben," it was eddie's turn.

richie begged in his mind to just let him kiss eddie, but it was up to the bottle. eddie shakily spun it, landing on-

"what're you kids doing down there?" joyce byers could be heard coming down the stairs, they all panicked and jane grabbed the bottle and hid it under her shirt.

richie cursed in his mind, but quickly jumped on the sofa. eddie stayed on the floor, frozen and red from the heat.

joyce stood up front of them with a grin plastered on her face, "what're you up to?" she asked, referring to jane.

"n-nothing, mama. just .. sitting," joyce wasn't stupid, she'd seen how casual they all looked. too casual.

"look, this is a room full of sixteen year old's and seventeen year old's, i know exactly what you kids are up to and if sonia was here, she wouldn't allow it so be grateful that i'm the cool aunt," joyce smirked.

they all stared at her in disbelief, "and jane, for the love of god, take that bottle out. you look ridiculous." with that, joyce tiredly sauntered upstairs.

jane sheepishly took the bottle out, they all were bewildered. "we should, just watch a movie." jane mumbled.

richie groaned, but agreed. they all layed out thick blankets and many pillows, they were going to camp out in the living room. jane put on sixteen candles, they all sat peacefully and watched.

@SPIDEYMILK🐝