xxv :

━ cute! happy birthday, eddie💗💘♥️

-a month later-

next month, school would start. it definitely was an eventful summer. it was now eddie's seventeenth birthday, he was having a small party at his house.

eddie also felt the need to tell his friends about his abilities, he trusted them and knew he could tell them. he also informed jane about winkle's passing, to say she was upset was an understatement.

he was dressed in proper attire because of his mother, all his friends were over and so was jane, will, jonathon and aunt joyce.

joyce had to take a long break from work, she was getting weaker everyday and so exhausted, but she was feeling like herself again.

jonathon brought his girlfriend, nancy. will brought his boyfriend, mike too. jane came with max, max was a very cool chick and eddie grown pretty close with her.

"happy birthday, sweetface," richie kissed eddie's temple.

"thank you, bubba." he happily smiled, bevv came charging towards them.

"happy birthday, eddie!" she hugged him in a death grip, "ahrg .. bevv, you're .. y-you're crushing me.." he breathed out.

she dropped him, "sorry!" she hugged him softer this time.

mike, bill, ben and stan came trotting in with genuine smiles. "happy birthday, you're seventeen! how do you feel?" mike grinned.

"the same, a little weird." eddie shrugged.

they all chuckled. "well, i hope you have a great day," ben nodded.

eddie looked at richie with a certain look, "uh, guys?"

"y-yeah?" bill asked.

jane joined them while the older people talked in the kitchen, "can everyone go up to my room, i have something to tell you."

jane's eyes widened, she mouthed to him; are you telling them?

to which he nodded, they all obeyed and followed eddie up.

-

eddie had took his mother's flower pot with one single, poppy flower and set it in front of everyone.

stan, jane and richie knew exactly what was going to happen, bevv felt nostalgic.

"okay, but first, you need to promise me you'll stay calm, don't scream and don't freak out!" eddie gave them a pointed look.

they eyed him suspiciously, but gestured him to continue.

eddie took a deep breath, exhaling shakily. he put his hand above the poppy and wiggled his fingers.

then, the poppy did a little spin. it's leaves sprouted out of it's stem and waved at the group.

mike, ben, bill and bevv gasped, stan quickly covered mike and bill's mouth. "shh, shh, don't panic."

"i-it wasn't a dream!" bevv struggled to speak clearly.

jane grabbed bevv and calmed her, while ben stayed quiet. he didn't look scared, more like intrigued and fascinated.

"don't be afraid, it's harmless," eddie cooed, he noticed ben's interested look.

he smiled and made the poppy grow until it was front of ben's face, it did a little dance and rubbed on his arm. ben smiled brightly, "amazing." he whispered. eddie giggled.

bill, mike and bevv relaxed after witnessing what was happening. "woah," mike hushly spoke.

the poppy's stem fatened, it's leaves grew extra long. they grasped gently at jane, richie, bevv, bill, stan, mike and ben. eddie made sure to be extra careful with ben, for he was paraplegic.