epilogue :

━ 💞💓💗

-seven years later-

eddie was back. a now twenty-four year old, grown man and father. husband of richard tozier, edward frank tozier.

he moved out of derry when he was twenty, after richie purposed. two years later, they had a surrogate to deliver their child. jordana tozier, a lovely daughter of the two lovers.

bevv and jane were engaged, living in their own apartment in new york. ben stayed single and became a well known author, stan, mike and bill were newly weds.

it's been years since eddie seen oak, the park he used to visit as a teenager. now, he was back. he had gotten a tattoo on his wrist; votre propre vous. the same one as richie's.

oak definitely changed over the years, so did eddie. he still obtained his remarkable ability, it grew stronger. oak's bark was peeling, the leaves were a golden brown and yellow color, since it was autumn.

and next to oak, was winkle. a new winkle, he was quite taller than years ago.

"hi, oak," eddie close-lip smiled, "long time so see."

he shakily put his hand on oak's damp bark, for the first time in seven years. he looked up to see those sly leaves, "i missed you,"

he looked down at the grass, "all of you." eddie got on his knee's, reaching his hand out to feel winkle's stem.

he sadly smiled, tears fell freely. "hi, winkle."

nothing.

eddie wiped at his nose, sniffling. "winkle, i-i'm here, it's me. remember?" eddie said, desperate for some kind of response.

still nothing, it's as if eddie didn't possess any ability. as if he was just .. talking to a plant..

"winkle, please," he lightly blew on him, hoping for something to happen. anything.

eddie started to cry, closing his eyes and letting his tears fall and seep into the soil. his arms shook, his nose was runny. he just wanted his best friend back.

eddie felt something hug him, he squinted his eyes open to see the grass, tangling him in a cuddly mess. he smiled weakly, hugging the grass back.

eddie wiped his face, getting up from his knee's. he wiped the dirt off, straightening his jacket. eddie turned to oak, he suddenly ran forward and hugged oak's trunk.

he expected no response, but cried harder when he felt the branches hug him back. the leaves poked at his face as they examined how old he had grown, eddie giggled.

"yes, it's me, old friend." he smirked, blowing at them. they purposely shook themselves, the stray rain water splashing on eddie.

still mischievous as ever.

he chuckled and rubbed off the water, then, he was in the air. like old times, he was being lifted high in the sky, thrown around and handled with care.

eddie missed this. he wished he was sixteen again, he wished .. he wished winkle would come back to him..

eddie was put down, he was laughing madly, wiping his tears away as he tried to compose himself.

eddie hugged oak one last time before having to leave to visit his mother, "i have to go, but, remember that i love you,"

he pulled away and peered at the nature around him, "i love you all, and i'd never forget about you!" he called out.

eddie happily smiled, "just know that you are all alive, i don't have to be around. you all are here, with or without me."

eddie glanced at winkle, frowing. he hesitantly turned away, walking away from his friends. not forever, someday he will return, he will bring his husband and his daughter.

but, he then felt something grasp his ankle. eddie froze, spinning around. he smiled so wide, his face could split. he laughed out loud and cupped his face.

"winkle!"

@SPIDEYMILK🐝