xii :

━ good one! ♥️💞💕

jane trembled as winkle fondly rubbed on her hand, she relaxed and seemed less tense. "see? harmless." eddie smiled proudly.

"h-harmless, huh? then why'd he throw me in the air like some freaking frisbee."

eddie playfully glared at winkle, to which winkle cowered for a moment.

"we play like that, he's used to it, he did it to richie." he simply explained.

"well then, i don't know how the hell you guys can play like that, i nearly barfed pretzel chunks." she laughed, eddie cracked up.

"so, why the name, winkle? why not, ryan or," she paused.

"richie?" she winked.

eddie gulped, picking at the fuzz on his sweater. "winkle suits him, plus he smells like a periwinkle."

jane looked down at winkle, "may i?" she asked with a giggle, winkle shook it's 'head', before jane bent down to take a whiff of winkle.

eddie was right, he did smell like a periwinkle. "woah, nice, little dude." jane complimented winkle, it seemed to hype him and he swiftly grew which startled jane.

"don't freak out!" eddie reached out to her, winkle's leaves took hold of jane's body and this time, slowly took her up. "w-woah, ah, e-eddie!"

"it's okay, jane. he's careful, he wouldn't hurt you."

winkle stretched out another leaf, eddie happily stepped on top and he was lifted in front of jane. "see? careful." he spoke softly. jane still looked uneasy.

"p-prove."

eddie sighed, but nodded. he looked down at the floor below, "if winkle doesn't catch me, i might break a limb," eddie stepped back.

"w-wait, eddie, don't. i don't want you getting hurt."

"if you trust winkle, you trust me," he whispered.

"so, trust me." eddie declared.

eddie stepped backwards and fell, jane panicked, but was relieved to see her cousin wrapped in leafy arms, protectively. "see? careful and harmless." eddie giggled.

jane actually smiled and chuckled, winkle turned her upside down, she tensed, but she trusted herself to winkle, she trusted eddie. her feet touched the ceiling, she gasped.

"h-holy hell!"

eddie bubbled, laughing lightly. he was flipped as well, his feet firmly planted on the ceiling. "you look silly!" eddie chuckled. jane's hair was hanging, she snickered. "you too,"

soon, jane and eddie wrestled all through his room. flipping and twirling, running across the ceiling and eddie's painted walls. jane tickled the side of eddie's neck, he pushed her hands away and tackled her.

they both pushed at eachother and rough housed, then the bell rung. aunt joyce was still asleep since yesterday, her snores could be heard down the hall.

winkle guided eddie and jane to the front door, jane peeped through the hole to see a funny looking guy with huge glasses.

"nerd alert," jane snorted, eddie scrunched his face and pushed to look through. "richie!" he cheered, jane gaped at eddie.

eddie opened the door, "wait, eddie, wait!"

richie expected to see eddie smiling brightly, standing upright, hell, maybe even upside down, but he didn't expect to see a girl who was also hanging upside down.

"'chee!"

"um, who's this?" richie suddenly felt jealous, scratching at his neck. "this is my cousin, jane byers." he introduced.

richie breathed a sigh of relief, jane sure did look like eddie, maybe even a girl version. "wait, he knows .. about winkle?"

eddie nodded vigoursly, "he knows about everything!" eddie close-lip smiled.

"hey, richie's the name, dirty jokes is my game!"

jane inspected him, "okay first, winkle, could you put me down, i'm startin' to feel woozy."

winkle put both eddie and jane down, both held onto eachother for support. "second .. oh my gosh, hey richie! eddie's told me about you," she greeted warmly.

she grabbed at richie's hand and shook it, he nearly tumbled over at her strength. "uh, yeah, hey, eddie talks about me?" a smirk pulled up on richie's face.

eddie became flustered, looking down at his nails. "yup, little dude doesn't shut up." she whispered with a wink.

"hey!" he nudged jane, jane pushed him back and they both started to push eachother, richie watching with amusement. winkle grabbed at richie, pulling him in and slamming the door, the three flew around the living room.

"eddie, jane? are down there?" joyce called from the guest room, winkle wasted no time dropping the teens on the couch and quickly shrunk back into eddie's room.

the door opened from upstairs and down came a tired looking joyce, wrapped in a fluffly robe. "oh, goodness! i wasn't expecting company," she covered herself with her arms and walked up to the three.

"and who might you be?" joyce asked, richie got low on one knee and cleared his throat. "i, am the fantastic, richard wentworth tozier! at your service." he bowed and stood up with a toothy grin.

"well, lovely to meet you, richard wentworth tozier. i, am the beautiful, joyce kaspbrak byers, aunt of edward frank kaspbrak, mother of jane byers." the three broke into a fit of chuckles.

"she's cool," richie smirked, leaning down to whisper into eddie's ear.

"not as cool as your mom though." he joked, eddie pushed him away.

"well, what do we kaspbrak's owe the pleasure to?"

eddie turned to look at richie, "yeah, i don't mind you visiting, but how come you're here?" he questioned.

"oh, everyone and i were going to head out to get ice cream, they wanted to know if you'd tag along,"

richie turned to face jane, "you could come too, if you'd like, you're cool too."

"can we, mama?" jane pleaded her mother, joyce yawned. "i .. guess, but please be careful, come straight home if anything." joyce stated sternly, eddie and jane nodded.

"here," joyce dug through her purse and handed them each a five dollar bill, "for you, mr.tozier, take care of these two." she pointed at him.

"of course, ma'am." he bowed once again, taking eddie's hand and rushing out, jane followed quickly. "bye, mama!" jane waved, "have fun!" joyce responded. richie laced his and eddie's hand, jane smirked and nudged at richie.

"so, richie, in order to marry young kaspbrak, you need to get on my good side,"

"tell me about yourself." jane teased.

@SPIDEYMILK🐝