xiv :

━ kind of sad, bevv and eddie friendship💓💗also, new ship?

"bevv, can we talk?" eddie interrupted jane and bevv's conversation, bevv smiled weakly. "y-yeah, sure." jane sighed, but moved away. "what's up, eddie?"

something was wrong. bevv was usually all hype and chipper, she looked tired and distraught. "bevv, why'd you call me that time? you look so worn out,"

bevv peered down at her fingers, swallowing thickly, before explaining herself. "my .. my dad," she started, eddie listened closely.

"he gets so angry with me because of how energetic i am, sad even. before i called you, he finally snapped. i-i wouldn't shut up, i kept rambling and jumping around when he was already so stressed from work. he slapped me, eddie. he slapped me and told me how a-annoying i am, how i sound ugly because o-of .. of my lisp. i'm used to being so bubbly, i didn't allow myself to cry. so, i called you. i was actually .. happy when i called you, you give me positive vibes, it felt like .. like, i was charged up. i wasn't mad at you, more like embarrassed," bevv ranted, now eddie felt awful for the girl. she didn't deserve this, never.

"i didn't want to be a burden on you, like i'm a burden on my father. i stayed up all night, i couldn't sleep. i-i'm .. i'm so sorry, eddie." she hiccuped, bevv started to sob into her hands.

her posture was like a potato sack, her shoulders were drooped and her body trembled.

"shh, bevv, you have no reason to apologise. i'm the one who's sorry, if only i knew. you aren't annoying, bevv. you don't sound ugly, don't ever think so low of yourself,"

bevv continued to sob, probably getting louder.

"look, you see this?" eddie pointed to his scar, bevv slowly looked up, her face was blotchy and stained with tears.

"when i fell years ago, i thought it was just a scratch, it would go away, but it didn't. it's permanent, it's on my skin, it's my imperfection,"

"but, that's what makes me unique, you're unique too, bevv. very, unique."

bevv stared at him, sniffling and wiping at her stray tears.

"i remember crying to my mother when my tooth broke, i was a kid so, i was devastated. i was in pain too, my gums hurt for so long and i had to go to the dentist. i was going to get a filling, but,"

"i didn't want it. of course, the pain subsided and i talked funny for a while, but not only did i grow to live with it, i grew to love it."

bevv felt inspired by eddie's speech, she reached forward and hugged him. eddie hugged her back, patting her hair as she squeezed him.

"t-thank you, i mean it. that was beautiful, y-you are unique, eddie,"

she pulled away, sniffling and rubbing her eye. "and .. so am i." she smiled so genuine, eddie was proud.

proud of himself and her, eddie gestured to the flower on the other side of bevv to poke at bevv's arm. she turned to see what touched her and saw a lovely bush of, baby's-breath.

she gasped, ghosting her freckled hands at them. eddie felt like his work was done, he stood up and made his way towards richie.

"me and jane are going home, thank you for inviting us." richie pulled away from him and stan's conversation.

"awe, really? ah, okay. i'll visit tomorrow, is that fine?" eddie nodded with a sweet smile, "bye, 'chee."

richie leaned down and kissed his forehead, "remember what i said," he whispered lowly.

"you're your own you, sweetface." richie tucked a piece of eddie's loose hair. his ears turned pink, "bye, doll." richie hugged him.

eddie turned on his heel, waving goodbye to everyone. "c'mon, jane! before aunt joyce becomes worried." jane gave him a thumbs up, hugging bevv and running up to eddie.

"bye!" jane hollered, they waved, before separating to their own homes. "today was a good day," jane put her arm around eddie's neck, pulling close.

"and richie's pretty cute, eh?" she flicked eddie's cheek, he giggled. "and what about you and bevv, you guys looked awfully cozy!"

"psst, i only have eyes for max." jane stated, but she looked unsure herself. once they both got home, joyce greeted them and asked them how was their day.

"that richie fellow is a nice guy, eddie." joyce chortled, dumping spaghetti in a pot of boiling water.

"y-yeah." he mumbled, jane winked at him and he shook his head. "eddie dear, you should call your mother's job and ask to speak with her. she called earlier, but you were out."

eddie nodded and got up from the chair, he dialed the job's number and a man with a deep, tired voice answered, "bob schulman, may i help you?"

"um, c-can i speak to, sonia kaspbrak .. please?" he squeaked.

"may i ask who's speaking?"

"edward kaspbrak, her son."

"alright, please hold,"

it was quiet for a moment, the sound of papers being moved and being shredded could be heard. "sonia kaspbrak, yes?"

"hi, mommy,"

"eddie-bear, how are you?"

"i'm good, how's work?"

"tireing, did you have fun today?"

"yes, a lot of fun." eddie twirled the cord at the thought of richie.

"good to hear, how's jane?"

"she's well,"

"alright then, dear. i have to go, but go to bed soon, did you eat?"

"aunt joyce is about to serve spaghetti."

"okay, good. goodnight, dear. say goodnight to joyce and jane for me."

"i will, night, mommy."

"bye."

@SPIDEYMILK🐝