New L

It had been a few weeks since Near's death. White and Kira were still in White's house and they were surprised that no more officers were sent there. 'Looks like they know that they will get killed if they come here.' Kira said 'That's good for us anyways. No more distractions.' Suddenly, as they were writing the names of criminals by looking at the laptop of Mr. Coldheart, a notification appeared. A channel named "New SPK" had started a new live stream. Mr. Coldheart was of course subscribed to that channel and that's why the laptop got the notification. 

Kira narrowed his eyes. 'A new live stream after Near has died?' he thought 'What could they be planning?' He told White to click on the notification. He clicked on it. The next image Light saw horrified him... 

There was an "L" appearing on the screen. That L had a weird font. 'Looks similar to that N we saw earlier.' White said 'Must be one of Near's friends or followers who is trying to avenge him. Haha, what a fool! He doesn't even know that we will finish him...' 

'Who is this New L now?' Light thought, glaring at the screen. 'Kira...' the new L began 'I know that you have killed Near and that you are now a Shinigami. I know you are none other than Light Yagami and Coldheart's kid must be one of your followers. Near had told me the information Ryuk had given him and Ryuk isn't the type of Shinigami to lie. Near's mistake was believing that new Kira is not a Shinigami and just a kid just because of the camera. He should have kept in mind that the kid could be one of Kira's followers and he was just not seeing the real Kira because the real Kira is now a Shinigami!' 

'What the-' Light thought, gripping his Death Note tightly 'Who is this New L? Ahhh, I have got to find him too! How did he even appear? Didn't I burn the Wammy House and kill all of them there?' Suddenly something hit his mind. 'Wait... Near had the Death Eraser and could resurrect anyone back to life. Then, could this be the real L? But why wouldn't he burn the Death Note? He himself said that it was the most dangerous killing machine in the history of mankind. Ahhh, something doesn't add up! This New L is confusing me... If this isn't the original L, it would be really easy to get him and then kill him and if it is the original L then... It will be fun...' 

'Murderers have also started dying now...' L continued 'You weren't killing murderers before... What could that mean, Kira? What could that mean? I am pretty sure that the one who is killing murderers is your new apprentice since murderers have started getting killed just after Near's death. Does that mean that Shinigamis cannot kill murderers? Why? I am trying to find it out, Light Yagami... I know you are watching this... Once I crack the code of how to defeat Shinigami, I will get you and finally, defeat you!' The live stream turned off. 

The live chat was filled with such comments like "Shinigami Kira? Has This New L Gone Crazy?" , "Okay So How Many Ls Are There?" , "DIEEE! L! KIRA, OUR GOD, WILL KILL YOU! FINISH YOUUU!" and "I loveee L! He is the best... No, the bestestttt! AAAAAA!"

'Defeat me, a Shinigami, hah!' Kira thought 'Good luck with that, New L, trying to search for me will ultimately result in nothing but your demise, just like it did for Near! Still, it would be interesting to play this game with you!' 

Back in the New SPK building, L thought on how to defeat Shinigamis. 'You have challenged Kira once again, L.' Watari said 'But do you even know how to kill Shinigamis? I mean, they are the God of Death, right?' 'True...' L replied 'To be honest, all I can do is try my best but I am 70% sure that I will fail once again...'