New World

The Shinigamis soon got the news of the Shinigami King dying in the Human World and that news spread across the entirety of the Shinigami Realm. 'Looks like the humans have found out a way of killing Shinigamis!' some Shinigami said 'We must not go there or we will be dead too! It's better if we just gamble with each other here. The humans seems to be dangerous.'

'They killed the Shinigami King which means they will find it even easier to kill us!'

'Even Ryuk, The Bored Shinigami, went missing after going in the Human World. Could it be possible that they killed Ryuk too? If so, then poor Ryuk. We just shouldn't go there or we will meet the same fate as his.' 

'Ryuk had told that the New Shinigami King was a human known as Light Yagami earlier, so maybe that's the reason he killed the Old Shinigami King so easily!'

Panic spread across the Shinigami Realm as they decided never to go into the Human World or drop Death Notes there ever again and chose their new King who was an intelligent Shinigami named Nu who was currently the most powerful Shinigami and henceforth, deserved the position. 

Back in the Human World, the Death Note was decided to be burned and it was announced that the New Kira was dead too. Some years later, a new detective who went by the name of "Darkness" appeared and proved himself/herself to be just as capable as L since he/she cracked all the 500 cases that were given to him/her in a year. Nobody knew their identity, just like L's, but they still were just as intelligent. However, they didn't only solve the cases they were interested in but solved every case that were given to them which made them more likeable.

The world had truly become a better place to live in after the death of Kira and L.