Chapter 24

So I completed my first HIIT workout in a month yesterday and boy am I paying for it.

My ass hurts.

I need a massage.

Someone tweet Michael it’s an emergency.

Maisie’s POV

We sat for hours, talking and holding each other. He told me about his past, why he left his home. “This girl, her name was Felicia, went to my high school. We were great friends, we would sit and eat with each other every day for a year. In 10th grade, she became infatuated with me.”

“I remember hugging her goodbye as I went for my 3rd period class. We just had maths together and I wouldn’t see her until Lunch. I walked to my Gym class, smiling at girls from younger years that loved me. I got changed and ran out to the field, my coach would have killed me if I were anymore late than I was.”

“I was so scared, I happened so suddenly. She was waiting in the showers when class was over. She knew which shower I used and that no other kids used that block of showers. I was only 15, I wasn’t ready for what she did to me. I grabbed my casual uniform and a towel, and made my way to the shower block.”

“She was standing under the shower, letting the water flow all over her body. She had the perfect body, almost as tall as me. Her hair was the most beautiful shade of blonde, and her body curved in the right places. She knew I was there, she smiled and turned around. I dropped my shower bag unintentionally, the water splashing around my feet.”

“She told me to come closer, and her boobs were kind of hypnotising me, as boobs do. I lost my virginity in a shower with a faulty faucet. It sounds like something you’d read in the blurb of an adult fiction, I know. But that’s how it happened. I guess it escalated quickly after that. I’d agreed to date her and she thought we would get married and have kids.”

“She ended up breaking into my house and stealing a few of my things. Her parents opened up her bedroom door to find her doing some voodoo shit. She told the police that I was cheating on her, which was a lie. She saw me talking to a few girls that liked me and assumed the worst. She’s currently in a mental asylum.”

“Well, she went to the asylum after I started getting threatening messages in the mail. A few of them said that I was going to be with her until I die. She forced me to move away, leave everything behind. I took one of those girls with me, though. And that’s where Geraldine comes into the story. And let me tell you something, she lies over the Delaware.”

I believed his story, I thought he wouldn’t lie to me after what had happened hours before. “So, little miss runaway, why did you come to me. You had a nice life, after all.” I felt like slapping him. I mean, yeah, he had a pretty horrible life compared to my own, but that doesn’t mean that he can abuse the fact.

“My father kept some important information from me, nothing too drastic. I think he knew it was coming, I’m 17 and a half years old now.” He scoffed and hugged me tighter than before. “What’s so funny?” He rolled his eyes and told me that I shouldn’t make a big deal about my age. “I’m 24, I left home at 16. I don’t talk about it all the time because running away from home is frowned upon in common society, and you shouldn’t either.”

“I thought you wanted to know why I left home, I included reasons as to why my dad should have seen it coming and you made a big deal about it.” I shrugged my shoulder. Luke tensed up, sighed heavily, and loosened up. “It’s just the way you said it: I’m 17 and a half years old now. It just sounds so…overly conceited.”

I gasped and pushed my body off Luke’s stomach. “I’m overly conceited? Oh look at me, I have obsessed fan girls that stalk me, oh I’m so important! I had to move away from my hometown because I’m such a hottie! You’re the overly conceited and over opinionated and don’t even try to forget about your narcissism!”