Boot Camp II

Izuku sat on the edge of a Cliffside and watched the forest, the strong wind blowing his hair as he sat down, memories from his time in the experiment facility returning.

'I can't be in a relationship, i don't need a relationship they make you weak and vulnerable, i am fine just the way i am' Izuku thought to himself

Kurama silently watched his partner's distress and remained quiet because he didn't know how to console his partner on this one, he was never good with emotional parts.

'Nee-chan and kurama are all i need, i'll be fine as long as they remains with me, someone with my past can never truly have a stable relationship, even now i have nightmares of my time there' Izuku thought and he somehow was reminded of momo and clenched his fist when he imagined her with some other guy.

'Why the hell am i getting angry? She can be with anyone she wants, why am i getting angry? What is she doing to me?' Izuku thought frustrated.

"Midoriya-kun!" He heard momo's voice and cursed as he thought ' Why did she have to come here?'

"Why are you here?" Izuku asked her, not caring if he appeared rude.

Momo frowned as she sat beside him and said " Why are you being like this?"

Izuku remained silent as he watched the forest for a moment and thought of how he should answer and then said " I...she just brought out some unwanted memories, and my mood soured"

Momo chose not to comment on that as she scooted closer until their shoulders touched as she said "Midoriya-kun, would you like to talk about it?, i mean if you want. I think that getting it off your chest will be good for you"

Izuku contemplated for a moment and said " Yaoyorozu-chan, as i have told you i did not have a rather...good childhood so i have memories, very bad memories, and i occasionally get nightmares of them. And i think because of my past and then eventually the future when i become a hero, i can not have a stable relationship, so i think avoiding relationships is best for me"

Momo nodded hearing him, slightly happy that he was opening up and then asked " Is that why you are so subdued?"

Izuku looked at her as she explained herself "i mean, i think that your lazy personality is mostly an act, you are lazy but not that much, you do this so you won't have to make friends, so you don't have to share your secrets with others thus the others don't include you in their activities, because they think you are uninterested. Todoroki gives out antisocial vibes, so no one approaches him and bakugo curses a lot and has a volatile temper but he still doesn't avoid anyone but you and todoroki both do"

Izuku was impressed she figured him out, but sighed and said " Yes, you are somewhat correct, the lazy personality is mostly an act, i don't consider anyone in the class as a friend except for you and Shouto, to some extent Iida."

Momo gasped as he continued " I think of them as merely acquaintance, who i have to associate with, while doing hero work. I don't want anyone becoming close to me nor do i have any interest in letting anyone know my secrets; yet you were somehow able to do half of that."

Momo looked sad as she asked " Why? Why won't you let anyone help you? Or become close to you?"

Izuku did not answer as she asked again "Midoriya-kun? If you don't tell me,how would i help you?" and izuku shouted "Because i am afraid, dammit!!"

Momo flinched in shock that he shouted at her and after registering his answer, she in an act of comfort brought him in a small hug and asked softly "why are you afraid?"

"I am afraid that...that everyone i become close to will be ripped away from me. I am afraid that they will be hurt...because of me, i don't let people close to me because i am afraid that they'll die like my parents and bring me more pain and misery, i am afraid that the people close to me can....can be used against me, so i think that these things make you weak, vulnerable, these are shackles holding you back. I don't want to feel pain again." Izuku let out his frustrations as momo looked at him sadly and held him in a tight hug, one which he returned full force.