Part I:Chapter 1: Usual Days

I sat up from bed as I glanced at the clock. 4:15AM. Morrigan was slightly stirring but I shook it off as I didn't want to wake her. I got up slowly and got dressed in a vest and pants. I then grabbed my sword and slashed creating a portal hopping through. It was just like any other day. Lucien had moved out taking no problems of saying he was going to leave and never come back. It had happened two years ago. Now he was 20 now. He had started a business to track down demons or otherworldly creatures that didn't belong among the tooth fairy. I came out to a building before me. There was a sign saying Devil May Cry. It made me smile. Devils don't cry, and I don't know why he chose that name. I went to the door and kicked the door opened causing a loud female shriek to erupt. I then watched a naked woman run from one side room to another in a hurry. I chucked. Like father like son. I then sighed. "Lucien you should know better to never have guest that can't defend themselves from otherworldly beings."

"Yeah and my business is not yours dad," Lucien's voice said from above. I looked up and he dropped down stabbing his sword at me while I flipped forward, using my sword as a pivot landing back on my feet placing my sword on my shoulder. "You came early why? Don't you know people are still sleeping?"

"Like you should?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not a kid anymore dad," He scoffed. "I can handle myself now."

"Never said you were a kid Lucien," I retorted. "However you still are forgetting what it means to be what you are. You still haven't learned you potential of your powers."

"Yeah a Nephilim Hybrid right?" He sighed sheathing his sword while I did the same. "Sounds like a great thing."

"You are a rarity," I replied. "I would still do the same thing that I did when it came to your mother. I prefer her. So what she was human."

"You say it as if she's dead," Lucien replied, heading over to a seat leaning against it as he gestured for me to sit down.

"Well technically her body is dead," I noted to him. "But that's not bad you being what you are. The only thing I haven't seen yet is you devil trigger."

"I can't DT dad," Lucien replied. "Claire and Nero can because they are Nephilim. Remember I'm a hybrid."

"So you think because your a hybrid you can't devil trigger? Well you'll never DT if you believe that. Anyway have you been hearing the rumors lately?"

"Yeah," He replied. "It's some kind of portal that opened east of Limbo City. It's letting out some real crazy looking demons. Ones I never saw before. I killed a few and I showed it to Aeris. She said its definitely not from here."

"Not from hell?" I asked.

"Other dimension actually," He replied. "I haven't gone to venture into the portal because the demons just keep coming and coming. V seemed rather apprehensive."

"Uncle V to you mister," I pointed to him. "Now I agree don't go into this portal, we don't know anything about it or why it just appeared."

Lucien shrugged. "Whatever pops. Now can you leave? That girl was my date that I picked up earlier tonight. Your presence scares people sometimes."

I smirked, standing up. I then begin to walk away when he spoke up again. "Dad I want to mention that something has been very ominous that I can't explain. It seems that this portal is connected. I'll keep an ear out if I hear anything. Or see anything."

I nodded and stepped outside, closing the door behind me. Limbo City seemed to have calmed down since the Angel Occupaton. It was dark out still but it didn't bother me. "So you still got to bother him huh?" Morrigan's voice said to my right. I smiled as I turned to see her standing there in a see through silken black robe.

"What can I say? I'm just checking that he doesn't do anything stupid." I replied.

"He's no longer a kid Ramier," She said, coming close and cuddling in my arms. "He can handle himself."

I put my chin on her head, squeezing her a little. "I know. But he told me about the portal and I knew he was picking up on something else. He feels ostracized because he is half Nephilim. He says he can't devil trigger. I don't know if that's even possible, but it doesn't matter. He will see soon enough. Let's head on home. Sorry for waking you."

"You didn't. I knew you were going so I faked I was still sleep." She said hugging my side as she created a fiery port which we walked though to end up back in our bedroom. I then let go of Morrigan and my sword on the shelf. I then laid back in the bed while Morringan climes into bed as well placing her head on my chest. "You know he can devil trigger. You want to know why?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he's got a badass father whose a Nephilim God. If it want for you, Dante, Tori or Roni wouldn't have been able to ascend their old selves into Nephilim powerhouses. Lucien just needs to figure it out. Now about this portal, I've been hearing some things from hell. Andras says it's definitely not from our dimension, and it's bringing a new species of demons. Where do you think it goes?"

I looked at her then back at the ceiling I was previously enthralled about. "I don't know. But I'll talk it over with Dante and Vergil tommorow. V has been out of communication but apparently he talks to Lucien. I wonder why."

"Wl you don't have to worry about him. V seems.... distanced," Morrigan replied. "Since the portal appeared. I wonder how it came to be and why. But that's for later this day when you're ready. For now. Let's sleep."

I nodded as I let my thoughts take me away. I guess I would figure out.