Chapter 15: Death to a Fallen Warrior

As we kept walking, we saw threes sets of various Res Empusas, Green Empusas, and Hunters. I unknowingly, drew my guns, whil Victor stepped forward, placing his hand up to tell me to stop. I frowned, and shrugged as I gave him a gesture to go ahead. King glanced at me and him but said nothing while stepped back also. Victor snapped his fingers. And his hair went white. He then jumped into the air and Nightmare came crashing from out of nowhere, causing us to jump out the way, landing onto the golem, pulling out our guns and shooting other demons, while Nightmare bashed demons to pieces.

As we transversed through the area, Victor finally changed back to normal and we continued to walk whilst talking amongst each other until a growl echoed throughout the area and we glanced around. It was odd that we seldom engaged an invisible creature, seldom as it was I never got frightened and I wouldn't by any means.

Taking a deep breath I kept into the air and flung my sword out as it circled the area in a circular motion before it hit a demon slicing it in half. I then smirked and King jumped up as well only to immediately get impaled by a katana. As I glanced towards the culprit, King hit the ground hard while a flash of blue dashed before my very eyes.

King grunted in pain while he struggled to her up. The flash blue grabbed ahold of the blade and shoved it in more to the point I knew King wasn't going to make it through. I rushed forward catching my sword as it flew back towards me. I swung only to hit air as the flash of blue whisked past me. It was familiar but I didn't understand why. Immediately I watched as it disappeared into the wind. I glanced down at King placing a hand on his shoulder as he glanced at me and Victor. Nodding at us he finally closed his eyes and I stood up as he breathed his last. I turned to Victor. "You mind telling me what the fuck happened?"

"Your guess is as best as mine brother. However you know deep down that it wasn't Nero. It was him."

"Vergi?" I asked. "Or Nelo Angelo?"

"It was far too controlled. You know that," Victor replied. "That doesn't mean that it wasn't. I have a theory though."

"Okay speak you mind as we get moving. We can't do anything for King. He's dead."

Without a word he started walking as I followed behind him. As we walked next to each other, I felt a bit of tension between us.

"Before I tell you my theory," He said. "I confess I withheld some information about Roni."

"Meaning?"

"I transversed on the astral to meet Roni. She was...distraught. I didn't make me feel good at all. I have feelings for her brother, whilst I know Cain is a user and will abuse Alessa to achieve his aim, whichever it may be."

"You got one thing straight," I replied. "Cain wants to achieve power. By any means necessary, regardless of who he has to hurt. Even my own son."

"You know he is doing it for one reason right?" Victor asked.

"What would be your theory brother?"

"He desires to protect you," He said. "By any and all means necessary. Power in ones eyes can be detrimental to those around him even if for a just cause. Although I will say this. If he comes to that point, I regret to say this but I will end you if that happens."

"I wouldn't have it any other way. Now please explain the theory regarding Nelo Angelo's strange behavior."

"V is close to him, so his abilities are becoming what is akin to a half demon hybrid."

"So V causes him to return to some similar powers that he gave up?"

"Remember Urizen thinks V a mere human. He doesn't know in my opinion about his condition. He has been deteriorating recently. He withering away. My guess is that Nelo Angelo is his key to his own survival since they are essentially the same entity."

"You explained that before." I replied.

"Essentially I did," Victor said as we came into an area akin to a train station. "But there is more to this puzzle. Just like you and Cain's relationship. What did Cain give you?"

"What do you mean?"

" That amulet is you old one when you first learned your Nephilim powers. I remember it well," He said. "Don't tell me you guys fused bailie a and strengths to which you both can transverse back and forth to the external world."

"Kind of dude," I said. "He offered to let me use his powers."

"And you didn't see the ramifications of what it wrought. It looks like there's only one way."

I glanced at him as he stopped, unsheathing his cane. "We will get to the final battle where I kill you. There is no other way. Luckily it won't happen until we defeat Urizen, so count happily until we reach that precipice. Now let's get moving more. I sends a strong demon nearby. Not Nelo Angelo. A different one."