Chapter 17: The Meaning of Brotherhood

As I began to take it in the power to course through my veins, I then rushed forward only to get intercepted by the Dante from this realm as he appeared out of nowhere. "Sorry but that's my brother your attacking there. You can't kill him."

"How nice to see brotherly love." I replied, smiling.

"Oh it's not because of love. I've got a score I settle since he started this crap. Well he and Urizen that is."

I frowned and pushed him back creating a portal. "Fine. If you intend on pursuing me Lucien, I warn you that I'll kill you despite you being Ramier's son. I honestly don't give a fuck. I'd go if I were you."

Lucien stepped forward while Vergil appeared next to me. "You and I have business elsewhere. That fruit was mine for the taking however I found my power. Let's go."

I glanced at Vergil who began to walk ito the portal while I glanced at Dante and Lucien. It was at this time I saw Nero from this realm and Victor appear. I then smirked and turned to walk into the portal. "Victor! You and I have an uneven score to settle. At the top of the Qlippoth Root. There we shall reconvene."

With that I turned away and walked into the portal. As I reached the other side, I saw that Vergil was glancing out to the cast world beneath us. It was surreal the sight and all. I smiled. Such a surreal sight was made for me. I was the king now. I was more powerful now. Urizen made a mistake when he thought I would let him take the Qlippoth fruit for himself. I knew how it worked. As much as I wanted to, Vergil before me seemed to have a different approach to undertaking his newfound power. My guess because he an V were separated his power was reduced despite his abilities.

As we stood there, Vergil created a seat and sat down. "It's safe to assume rule, but you and I both know you're not after that are you?"

"Should that even be a problem?" I replied, creating a seat with my newfound power. "I didn't expect you to decide to follow along. I was tempted to fight you. However you have other thoughts coursing through you. What is this this about?"

"You know that Dante and I have always engaged in battle after battle," He said. "I merely want to even the score. Properly that is. When Urizen came into being, he was useless without me. He was weak yet cunning. His plan to take Nero's devil bringer was part of the plan. To hand it over to him was unthinkable, but I was weak from the fight with Mundus and Dante on those separate occasions. He used that against me and stabbed me to shift out V, my human half. With that I was reduced as Nelo Angelo, demon half with now full power but still lacking more than imagined."

"That Qlippoth fruit was going to be mine but you took it, ingested it and now you sit here changed. You aren't human as I can sense when I first met you," He continued. "What are you?"

Chuckling, I glanced towards his direction. "I am what you would call Nephilim. I come from a different universal realm that is a paradox of this one. I am half angel and demon. But now with this fruit I am more. I have you to thank I believe also, since you killed Urizen before he decided to come towards me whilst I began to eat the fruit."

"Don't take it lightly," Vergil replied. "But I didn't do what I did because I wanted to become friends. I have unfinished business with my brother, and then only then shall I face you. Consider this as a formal truce until the time comes. I will end you despite you eating the Qlippoth fruit. Your idea of power is limited from your perception. Not that it matters, for I believe we have some company."

I nodded as he stood up to see Dante, Roni, and Victor appear from out a portal. They glanced between us. "Hey Vergil your portal opening days are over. Now hand over the Yamato."

Vergil chuckled as he glanced his twin. "Well if you want it you'll have to take it. But to already knew that."

Immediately a blue summoning sword hit near us both, drawing both our attention to its user. From above on a hillside of the large Qlippoth root we stood on was Morrigan Vergil and Dante, they leaped down and joined beside the others as me and Vergil stayed quiet.

"Ramier what the hell has happened to you," Morrigan begins to say as she walks forward until Roni stops her. She glanced at her.

"That isn't Ramier anymore. It's Cain."

"His other half?" She asked, before turning back to me. "What did you do to him Cain?"

"Nothing precious little Morrigan. Such a shame that I don't like being impeded. You all will die." I hissed.

Roni steps forward around Morrigan, while Victor and Dante both glance at her. "Cain you have no sense of power. It's just like child's play to you. You handle justice as power in the same mindset. That shit's going to end now."

"You're right," I say, immediately unsheathing my sword and stabbing her right in the heart. "But not for me. For you."

Dante then yelled and went forth at me while I then sidestepped him and stabbed him in the back. He coughed out blood and I kicked him hard that he went over the hill down below. Vergil from our realm leaped after him while Morrigsn stepped back and unsheathed her blade. Victor was next to Ronj as tears came down his face. "You ass the futility Roni? I am not Ramier anymore, he will be more or less nothing if he doesn't accept true rulership and power when it's offered. Consider this time right now to reflect on what you I wrong to get yourself in such a place. I have no intention helping you...if you won't help yourself. That includes you joining Victor when you could've reached potential power behind your wildest dreams."

I then glanced at Morrigan's pointed m blade at her. "I don't mind killing you either Morrigsn. I have no conscience regarding Ramier's ties to you."

She was about to say something until Victor stood up, his eyes calm. "Stay out of this Morrigan. Stay with Roni. She will ascend, because that's wha Cain really wanted. But he has his ways about him. Let's finish this Cain."

I glanced at Vergil who glanced at me then nodded as he looked at his twin who had conjured a Stengel sword unlike what I saw him the first time. He must've got new power as well. I turned my attention back to Victor. "Prepare yourself Victor Rekcut, brother of Reimar Rekcut. There will be only one true winner here. Me."

I then rushed forward while Victor did the same.