Chapter 2: Darkside of the Past

I had been laying there with Morrigan for a while and I knew something was nagging. It was deep within though. I fell into a deep trance involuntarily as I watched myself falling into a fiery hell below landing on the hard ground with a groan. I rose up and looked around to see him standing there. My inner demon, his face smirking at me as he cocked his head sideways. "So, long time no see eh Ramier? I needed to speak with you."

"Couldn't it have waited Constantine? I was sleeping you know." I growled.

"Sadly no," He replied. "My name is Cain. I'm not Constantine. I don't even know why you would choose such a pathetic name."

"Constantine the movie was awesome," I sighed. "I thought you'd like it being he was a man of faith with power. Dealing with demons and sorcery and all."

Cain then rushed forward with inhuman speed that I had to dodge to match him as he was wielding my sword. "I want out Ramier. Now."

"You get out, you will go stupid." I replied. "I can't allow that Cain."

"Hmm but do you have a choice really? I get out anyway when you go into full devil trigger. Now when you do I have full carte blanche, so you have none." He said.

"So you want out to do what? Kill and destroy?" I sighed.

"Specifically I want to show you what you refuse to give in. Power. I will show you even if you don't want it. You need more power."

"So you want to give me more power? How is that?" I asked.

"You know that portal has another universe that houses demons and who knows what else. That can be our stepping stone. The real quest for more power. The chance of a lifetime!" Cain said smiling. "However I know your feelings, so when you least expect it, I will sever this chasm I stay in and come forth to begin the quest to bring you more power."

"Yeah you keep thinking that dude." I had replied. "So for you to break free, what does that entail for our relationship in regards to you and I in our existence? You don't intend to desperate your power from mine do you?"

"How curt of you King Man. However you feel about all this I will say this, if whatever it takes to break free, I shall without fail. I would be careful. Now begone from my place while you count your days down to the last we shall be together in harmony, because when I come forth you'll be in for a ride."

"Yeah I guess so Cain, but let me tell you something," I said. "No matter what you do, I will be there to stop you, even if you think of whatever scheme you have planned. It will be between us two, for a final battle. Can you handle that?"

Cain smiled, his very self a mirrored reflection of my own self save his white hair, my devil triggered self, in supreme form that held unimaginable beastly power, a carnal suppression of my inner instinct. I had to actually take a step back as I looked at him. I then conjured my sword pointed it at him. "Remember you were the one who showed me power, so why keep searching when I already found it. What's your deal besides getting out?"

Cain conjured his own blade, the mirrored reflection of my sword I gave to Lucien five years ago, the sword called Nero. He smirked as he walked to me, sprinting shortly afterwards as  he swung his sword, causing me to fall back as I jumped into a somersault. Causing me to do so gave him an advantage as he slashed into the air creating a streak of beaming reddish swords trigger at me. Luckily I twisted into the air landing back onto the ground below as Cain merely twirled his blade. "You know better than anyone what else I have to gripe about Reimar. Soon you and I shall have a tug of war, and I'll come out to bring you to your true potent abilities as a true Nephilim God. You settled down without realizing your final quest before then."

I frowned at his answer and then he summoned forth with mere flick of his hand, dragging me forward like an invisible cord at lightning speed. I landed before him and he bent down as I towered before him. He held up the sword. "However if you don't mind is rather not engage in such trifles if it can be avoided. Do you remember when you were young and others saw you with an alter ego?"

"I do. Why?" I asked, taking the blade.

"I'm rather inclined to act in that same capacity if you don't mind." He replied to my question.

What he was proposing now didn't seem too unreasonable, which made me smirk. so he wanted to show forth other abilities that I had forgone long ago? Fine.

"Alright," I said. "But listen Cain, we are going to kill demons, whatever this power you're looking for... it's not worth it being we will be working together. We'll look into the portal, but further things first, V must be talked to."

"Oh so now we need to converse with him." Cain sighed standing back up. "But it's up to you, despite my inner feelings for the man. He's acted ignobly in past instances, yet you forgave him. I can't wait until we fight him again to show him that his powers have no match for us."

"Talk about inferiority complex. Can't you live it up and let it go? He won't be as he was before. Doesn't it say something different he helped me despite our differences when we fought against Mundus?" I asked.

Cain gave the look of 'oh please' while he folded his arms in response. I took this as no. I sighed and shrugged in response and turned away. "Look    alive Cain, we need to do this smartly. This portal despite it giving off huge demonic presences, and demons as well, V would be the best ticket to talk this over with. So let's let the past die where it may."

Cain walked right beside me, then took off his amulet, handing it to me. "Well if that's the case, you know what you have to do. Take care Ramier. Well speak again when it comes time for us to kill demons or other beings together. Sound good?"

I merely nodded and then I woke up from the trance back in my bed. It was now 8:16 and I knew I needed to rest despite the lingering figures in my head about the portal. Vergil would know what to do, as well as V. I immediately got up, putting on a red shirt and black jeans and grabbed my sword, except I stopped in front of the mirror taking a second look. My eyes were reddish let I didn't feel any surge of power, and then I saw it. Cain's amulet on my neck.