Chapter 13: Devil Cain

As the settling started to fade away as I moved along the buildings, I landed onto the ground of an entrance to a sewerway, though it reeked of fish and all kinds of shit( sometimes literally) but I guessed it suited me fine once I got out of it. As I transversed out of the murky waters I came to a large open enclosure of a building which I smirked as a demon with razor sharp scissors, much like garden shears floated from out a mirror as it wailed a witch cackle. I unsheathed my sword as it circled above me with bloodlust in its eyes. It apparently took me as another human. Funny to reason such a factual lie. I decided to teach it a lesson. It then surged forward and I merely took a deep breath before launching into the air and landing onto the walling of books to slingshot my self at the foolish demon. I cut through its darkened veil and landed on the other side as I had weakened it. It shrieked as it then shot at me again, while I leaped over it to pull out my gun and pull the trigger, shooting it directly into its skull. I landed back on the ground sheathing my blade in its sheath. Stupid dons didn't know who they were playing with. It was getting increasingly annoying until some demon Empusas launched out of nowhere, leaving me to smirk. That is until a gunshot rang of shooing each in the head. I turned to the culprit. Lo and behold was Alessa who had landed next to me. She kicked me into a wall, catching me off guard. I grunted as I went to pull out my gun, while she appeared next to my hand I was about to unholster my gun from. She slammed my hand down dropping the gun while she held her own pistol to my face. "Still think I'm som modern born bit h who will let you use them just because you think you can?"

I was surprised, let alone even frightened. Chuckling lightly, I leaned into her pistol more. "Well do the deed Ms. Alessa. If you've got the gall."

She immediate pulled the trigger but her bullet was swatted my hand which she didn't anticipate while I swerved around her with the inhuman speed that not even she had time to understand let alone try. I placed my arm around her neck, and got her in a choke hold. She flipped forward sending me
on my back while shed flipped onto me straddling me with her legs, placing her hands on my arms as I tried to lift her off me.

"Can't move now huh Cain? I thought more of you before, but you're getting soft. Come now, you making this too easy." She said.

"I'm simply letting you have all the fun Alessa. I'm holding back."

"Right so you mean to tell me you have other abilities that even I've never heard of? Oh please."

I nodded and then calmed my breathing and then smirked. Immediately she got flung off me getting sent into the wall where she remained on it like she was chained to it. I sighed as I picked up my gun, holstering it while I then floated up into the air to where she was placed against the wall. "Little Alessa. My powers are more than you can imagine. Ramier never tapped into his full potential until five years ago when the Angel Occupatuon began. You remember when he finally devil triggered? He was barely hitting the surface. I am his true power, his true instinct within that he tries so desperately to contain. Well... Not anymore. Do me a favor and don't follow right now. You have other pressing engagements don't you?"

I then turned away to float back down onto the ground until her voice rang out. "Let me join you. Please. There is something about you and V that is causing this riffraff between us. You and him are the keys to our power, our full potenrial. Don't you remember I said that before?"

I turned and flicked my hand while she fell to the ground landing on her feet. "Honestly I could care less now, being you know what I'm about. If you want to join me.. Tell me could you kill for me?"

"Whatever it takes."

"Fine," I replied, turning away. "Kill Torp and Nero Sparda then we can take things to the next level."