7. "He likes you"

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling as my stomach growled in hunger

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling as my stomach growled in hunger. I sat up as my stomach clenched together, begging for food.

I threw on a shirt and walked out of my room. It was eerily quiet. I walked to Ansel's room and knocked on it twice. It was late.

I glanced around to make sure no one else was around. I looked back to the door when I heard it open. Ansel stood leaning against the door, his eyes groggy and his shirt upside down.

"What?" He asked, still half asleep.

"I'm hungry." And on cue, my stomach growled again. "Didn't have dinner."

He chuckled. "I was wondering when you would ask for food."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "You knew I was hungry and didn't bother offering me food?"

"You knew you were hungry and didn't bother asking for food." He retorted.

"I didn't want to be rude and impolite on my first day here," I muttered trying to sound true.

Ansel laughed. "You threw a fury to the ground. You didn't kneel before Hades and you knocked on my door in the middle of the night, waking me up. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you failed."

"Fine. Good night. I'll ask someone else." I replied, beginning to walk away.

"Ay. Wait." Ansel said as he grabbed my hand. "Just wait for one second."

He closed the door to his room and opened it again in a few seconds, his shirt worn properly and his hair smoothed over.

He walked out and locked the door with his keys. "What do you want to eat?"

"Anything," I replied, hugging myself subtly as I wished I had grabbed a jacket. The nights got way colder than earlier in the day.

I walked beside Ansel as he guided me down the staircase. The staircase upwards led to the entrance of the underworld.

They walked into an open room, the size of a football ground. I quickly warmed up as I entered the room because of the heater. It looked like a huge kitchen. Fridges and ovens all around the place. This was where they cooked.

Ansel tensed up beside me. "What's wrong?" I asked softly. But I figured out the answer before he replied.

"Someone's here." He replied as he picked up a knife from the nearby kitchen counter. I followed him, picking up another. He walked slowly to the centre of the room, his eyes darting around the room.