15. How to make an immortal fall for you 101

Rudolph glanced at the golden arrow sticking out from his chest and then looked back at me, fear plastered all over his face

Rudolph glanced at the golden arrow sticking out from his chest and then looked back at me, fear plastered all over his face. He dropped to the ground beside me.

The monster and Albert turned around to run but Apollo was faster. Before I could blink, both of them were on the ground with arrows protruding from them.

Apollo's golden hair blew in the wind as he made his way towards me. I stood my ground, the knife still in my hand as he leaned forward and removed the arrow from Rudolph's body and put it in his golden quiver.

"You're hurt," Apollo said softly as he glanced at my right arm. I was bleeding without realising it. One of them must have cut me.

"It's fine," I replied as I covered the cut with my left palm and applied pressure. "Thank you."

"Let me help you clean that cut." He said softly as he placed a hand on my other arm.

I flinched at his touch cause I just got attacked by a couple of men, so I would still be pretty sensitive to people touching me.

Someone get me an Oscar.

Apollo took his hand back. "Sorry." He muttered.

"What for? You saved my life." I replied softly. "Thank you."

You saved my life. Listen up, readers. No matter who you say this to, they will fall for it. Everyone wants to be a hero.

Apollo nodded slightly and held his hand out forward towards my room. I walked ahead, stepping over Rudolph and the others.

I glanced back at him to notice his quiver and bow were missing. They were replaced with some cloth and a bottle of water.

"You should really clean it up." He insisted.

I nodded as I fumbled for my keys. I opened the door and let him in first, closing the door behind me. I grabbed a shirt from my closet and entered the bathroom to change.

Apollo had dragged the chair from the table towards the bed and tapped on the bed for me to sit down. I closed the door and sat down on the bed, beside him. I removed my knife sheath with my left hand as Apollo cleaned the blood from the cut.

"What were you doing outside at this time of the night?" Apollo asked.

"Should it matter? Shouldn't I be able to go out at any time of the night without having the fear of being - "

"You should." He said looking me in the eyes. "Every woman should. But unfortunately, it still isn't that safe."

He averted his gaze back to the cut. I didn't reply as he began to cover it up with some clean cloth. The cut was straight and on my inner arm, from my inner elbow almost to my wrist, so the cloth that covered it was taped over like a piece of paper.

"Aren't you a god? Shouldn't you be able to like just tap my hand and make the cut disappear?" I asked as Apollo leaned back against his chair once he was done.

He smirked at my question. "You should let your body heal itself. It will build up your immune system. I may not be around all the time."

"That would be nice." I chuckled looking away.

"Yeah," he paused as he stood up. "It would."

I looked up at him as a question popped in my head. Why did Apollo take an interest in me? I wasn't really that pretty. I didn't fill out a dress really well if you know what I mean. And I didn't really throw myself at him. So what was it?

"How long are you staying here?" I asked looking up at him.

"A fortnight, maybe. If I convince Hades earlier than that, then I won't stay that long." Apollo replied as he began pacing around my room.

I moved my legs onto the bed and turned so that my back rested against the head of the bed. "And you're not busy?"

Apollo stopped moving and turned to face me. "Why are you asking?"

"Cause I don't have friends down here and it gets pretty boring." I shrugged. "Half the men are scared of me and the other half want to kill me - "

"You'd make a hell of a goddess. You already have the lines ready." He chuckled.

I smiled and continued. "And Hades isn't really that fun to hang out with... when he does."

Apollo smiled. "Yep. Hades can be a bit of a bummer." He leaned against the wall opposite to me. "But I'm pretty bored here too. So sure. We can hang out."

I didn't reply as he walked to the door. "See you around, Daphne."

"Bye, Apollo," I replied as he walked out shutting the door behind him. I sat on my bed for a few more seconds before getting up and locking my door.

I turned around and that's when I realised it. He called me Daphne.

Well, I only had one question.

Who the hell is Daphne?

Hope you liked it! Vote and comment :)

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment :)