9. God of bulbs

"Lord Apollo

"Lord Apollo." Ansel greeted as he and Hades walked into the room. It was slightly bigger than mine but had way more windows. Although, since it was always dark outside, it didn't really bring in light. It had a table seating six people in the centre of the room, two chairs on the two ends and two each on the two sides.

"Ansel. It's good to see you." Apollo greeted cheerfully as Hades walked past him without giving him so much as a glance.

Hades sat down at the head of the table and gestured for Apollo to sit on the chair at the opposite end.

"Thank you, Hades," Apollo said as he remained standing. "But I think I'd rather just stand beside this beautiful woman."

Apollo moved closer to me as I could literally feel the heat radiating from him. "May I be excused?" I turned to Hades.

"No, you may not," Apollo interjected before Hades could reply. "With a woman in the room, he may not kill me."

"Can you be killed?" I asked back.

"Well..." Apollo drifted off.

Hades shook his head in disappointment. "Ansel, take Illiana back to her room."

Ansel, who was originally sitting on the chair beside Hades, got up and led me out of the room without question.

"Shouldn't you be with him? Protect him?" I asked as we walked outside.

"Protect Hades? While in the underworld? From the God of bulbs? Nah, I think he is fine."

I nodded slightly. "Illiana!" A voice yelled out behind us.

I turned around to see a familiar face. "Lucas!"

He walked towards us while brushing his whitish-yellow hair behind with his hand. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?" I asked back.

"Great." He smiled at her before turning to Ansel. "You must be Ansel, Hades' lead warrior, fighting great monsters and stuff. Like that little dog from earlier today?"

Ansel nodded. "And you must be Lucas, Apollo's bitch?"

Lucas smirked. "A loyal one at least."

Ansel growled but before he could say anything. Or punch anyone. I stepped in. "Ansel, I think I can walk to my own room. I'll be fine. You should get back to Hades."

He nodded without taking his eyes of Lucas. Once he left, I turned to Lucas.

"What is Apollo doing here?"

Lucas pressed his lips together. "Sorry, but I can't tell you that. It's their personal business."

"No, yeah. I understand that. Wouldn't like anybody invading my personal life either." I replied. "Well, I have to get back."

"See you later," Lucas said and then turned back and entered the room.

What did Lucas mean by "loyal"?

×××

A woman screamed as I opened my door. I stood still at the entrance as Janis picked herself up from the floor.

"Oh," she sighed in relief. "It's you."

"Who else would it be?" I asked as I entered the room.

A look of fear entered her face but she quickly hid it with a smile and a shrug. "I don't know."

I decided to let it pass for the moment. She picked up the fallen broom and continued to sweep the barren ground as I picked up a book on my table. "Who kept this here?" I asked Janis as I held the novel up.

"No idea, my lady. It was here when I came in today." She replied looking up.

I frowned as I gave my attention back to the book. It was an old copy, a few pages were coming out as well.

"Mythology " by Edith Hamilton. The cover had a man on a horse with wings, a pegasus, with a bow.

"Do you want anything else?" Janis asked as she stood near the door. "I stocked your bathroom cabinet with all your necessities for the coming month - "

"I'll still need all of that?" I butted in.

"Till your soul rests and makes it's way to Elysium or Tartarus, you will need everything that you needed while on Earth," Janis explained.

"Oh," I commented. "No, I dont need anything. Thank you."

Janis nodded as she left the room. I moved to the door and locked it behind her. I jumped on my bed and opened the book, carefully, and began to read.

"Chapter One: The Gods
The  Greeks  did  not  believe  that  the  gods  created the  universe.  It  was  the  other  way  about: the  universe created  the  gods.  Before  there  were  gods  heaven  and earth  had  been  formed.  They  were  the  first  parents.  The Titans  were  their  children,  and  the  gods  were  their grandchildren..."

Hope you liked it!Vote and comment!

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment!