31. "Why me?"

"It shall be on that day that the true one reveals herself"

A cold breeze hit my body. I blinked rapidly when I couldn't see anything and then decided to let my eyes adjust to the dark. It was a female voice; gentle and soft. I noticed a silhouette. Her back was to me. She was dressed in a long white gown, her long black hair softly blowing in the wind.

She turned. I didn't recognize her. She looked directly at me. I tried to move but it was almost as if my legs were frozen stiff. My heartbeat began to increase as fear started to rush through my veins.

She smiled at me. She opened her mouth and said something, but I couldn't hear her. Before I could say anything, the scene changed.

I dropped to my knees as I realised I could move again. I was back in the underworld. The Furies looked at me together, all smiling.

"Tartarus." They said in sync.

The scene changed again. I stood in darkness, with another stranger right in front of me.

The cold breeze was replaced with a gush of hot air. I was standing in front of a soldier (that's what I assumed because of the outfit). I couldn't tell if they were a guy or a girl. The soldier was dressed for war. A full body armour, a helmet and a spear. The helmet covered most of the face, except the eyes. Bright green eyes stared right back into mine.

But they weren't looking at me. It was almost as if they were looking right past me. I looked behind but I couldn't see anything.

I tried to speak again, but it was almost as if we were in a vacuum. My voice wouldn't travel.

I didn't notice the situation change this time. Within a blink of an eye, I was standing on a beach near the sea. Screams filled the air. People were running away. I turned to the direction of the chaos and my heart tried to pounce out of my chest.

I couldn't place the monster I was staring at. At a height of about 30ft, a grisly monster with over a hundred, what I can only assume to be, dragons sprouting from his fingertips.

Even in this situation, all I can think of is the picture of the people who won the Guinness record for longest nails (do google it).

Now just imagine having dragons instead of those nails. And they spew fire. And you're 30ft tall. And you're surrounded by fire and destruction and hurricanes.

That should give you a picture of about sixty per cent of what's happening there.

As the destruction continued, it suddenly went quiet. Almost as if I went deaf. Then I heard the woman's voice again.

"An old enemy shall usher forth an end to a god,
A marriage shall mark a time of war and a time of prosperity"

WHAT? I wanted to yell. WHY ME?

But then the situation changed again and I could hear again. I was in a different place but the scenario and atmosphere were the same. Absolute chaos and bright red skies. I could tell that the dude with the dragons was nearby even if I couldn't see him.

I turned around just in time to see a building entirely collapse. I covered my eyes as the dust settled.

And that's when I saw it.

I saw myself.

And everything went black again.

***

"When the time comes that darkness rises once more,
The lost one shall usher forth the end to our suffering,
When the wise lady reveals her true self and exchange of coin...
Shall bring an age of bliss."

I stared into the darkness for what seemed like forever. This was worse than actually being in the middle of all the annihilation. The silence made me think and that in turn made me want to cry and scream and punch Hades in the face (not sure why he was the first god I thought of, but I really wanted to punch a god at that moment).

When it felt like the darkness would never go away. It slowly became brighter.

I stared into an empty white void. I turned around and saw a girl on the ground. She was most definitely dead.

I heard a bark as a pup suddenly popped up. He began licking her face trying to get her to wake up.

I slowly began to realise what the end of this was going to be.

I stared at my dead body as the pup continued to lick its face.

And clutched in my hand was a gold coin.

An exchange of coin shall bring bliss

I'm going to die.

Again.

✘✘✘
Vote and comment!