10. "Did you just ask a god to take the couch?"

I walked by the courtyard as a few of the guards nodded once at me as a greet

I walked by the courtyard as a few of the guards nodded once at me as a greet. I nodded back as I made my way to the serving table. I had gained a quick amount of respect from the other warriors after I "tamed" the great beast.

Respect or fear. Of either Cerberus, who after the incident began to take strolls into the courtyard to meet me. Or of Hades, who was scarier than the three-headed dog.

"So you don't have any chicken?" I heard the person in front of me ask as I picked up a plate and stood in wait.

I recognised him as Arian. The boy who died in a fire. The server shrugged her shoulders confused about what he was asking. "What is chicken?" She asked, elongating the 'e' in 'is'.

"You know...the thing that goes...cluck cluck cluck." He continued making the noises and moving his neck forward in a repeated motion to enact a chicken.

I laughed as I saw him. "I'm so sorry. I've been holding the line." He quickly apologized as he moved out of the way and took what he had and walked away to sit at an empty table.

I turned to the server. "Do you have any ring meat?"

She nodded as she took my plate and walked to the barrels of food that were placed in behind her. A second later she returned the plate to me. I thanked her and made my way to Arian's table.

"May I?" I asked glancing at the empty spot in front of him.

"By all means." He mumbled, his mouth full of food, as he waved his hand telling her to sit.

I put my plate down and sat down. I pushed the plate towards the centre as I grabbed a piece of the white meat with my fork. "Chicken."

"How?" Arian asked as he grabbed a bite.

"Chicken is called "ring meat" here. The warriors make the chickens fight in a ring, betting on who would win." I explained.

"How do you know?" Arian asked as he ate some more.

"My maid used to be a cook here. She has been giving me advice on what to eat and what not to." I reply as I pick up the last piece of chicken left on the plate. "You eat quick."

"I'm sorry." Arian apologized.

"It's fine. Get us some more?" I asked.

He nodded quickly and got up with the plate in his hand and made his way to the serving table.

I tapped the table as back began to hurt slightly from sitting on the benches. The tables didn't have chairs. They had long benches beside them, which had no back.