27. Aphrodite knows how to take her revenge

"Talk about what?" I asked as my eyes skirted around to find someone

"Talk about what?" I asked as my eyes skirted around to find someone...anyone else for company. Considering Persephone's story, being alone with Hades isn't really a smart idea. Plus, I don't have an overprotective mother who would start a war against him for me.

On the other hand, I hate pomegranates so I guess I'll be fine.

Luckily for me, I found the girl who got the dagger from Artemis. She was crouched beside a white wolf and her pup.

"I can't say exactly. Lots of stuff." Hades muttered.

I turned to face him. I could turn the tables around.

"You're right. We do have a lot to talk about. You sent me off from the underworld with the promise that someone would explain the entire thing to me. Let me give you a little spoiler, no one did. Also, I was there for over three months and you couldn't even bother to come visit me once?" I asked as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"The former was not my fault. Maybe you should ask your boyfriend." Hades began. "And the latter, well . . . I'll be honest, I don't really have an excuse. I just thought it would be easier if I didn't see you."

Okay, it wouldn't take a genius to figure out what 'it' means.

"Look, a wolf," I said pointing at the white beast and without waiting for a reply I turned around and walked towards the girl.

The kid looked up as I sat down in front of the wolf. She had bright green eyes and silky black hair that had been tied up into a ponytail. She studied me up and down without saying a word.

After an (it's been getting frequent now) awkward pause, I finally spoke in the tongue I was sure the girl would know.

"How ya doing?"

She continued to stare at me blankly as her wolf slowly rose up and left.

"I don't know Greek," I said slowly, stressing on each word as if that would make her understand the language.

"Luckily, I know enough English to understand." She muttered as she pulled out her dagger. "Can I help you?"

I eyed the dagger for a second and then pulled mine out. They were identical to the tip. Both blades were made out of silver and had a wolf's head at the hilt. I turned her palm around to see the other side of the blade and as expected it had the symbol Ω on it, just like mine.

The girl frowned. "You're a hunter of Artemis?"

I shook my head. "This blade was my step father's."

The girl shook her head and got up. She pointed the blade at me as her wolf walked back to her side. "Then your father is a thief."

I paused for a second before replying. "My stepfather is a lot worse than a thief."