21. Knock knock. Who's there? GROWWWR... Growwr who?

"Nah," I replied as I got off the couch

"Nah," I replied as I got off the couch. "I'll skip. You have a good time."

Apollo blinked in surprise as I pushed past him and entered the kitchen. I placed my empty box into his on the counter.

"What?" Apollo turned around. "I thought you'd be happy to go."

"And why would you think that?" I asked. Apollo pressed his lips together as he looked down. I frowned in confusion. "Apollo?"

He looked up at me but before he could answer his phone pinged with a text. He removed it out of his pant pocket and checked it.

"I have an errand to run. I'll be back in about ten minutes." He said as he looked up at me. "We'll talk once I'm back."

I nodded. I stood still in the kitchen, leaning against the counter as I heard the front door slam shut. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and made my way back to the couch.

I tried to concentrate on the television but my mind kept wandering away. I was never so sure of any decision in my life. I knew I shouldn't go to the dinner, especially not as Apollo's girlfriend.

Hades wasn't even the reason. In fact, I would have been happy to go to the dinner if meeting Hades was going to be the only problem. What I was afraid of, was much worse.

I heard the front door open, snapping me out of my daze.

"Apollo, you want to go get ice cream? I'm really in the mood - " the words got caught in my throat as I saw who - strike that - what stood before me.

At the height of ten feet stood a cyclops. His head touched the ceiling as his blood red eye refused to blink.

A monster walked in my apartment through the front door. How civilized.

I jumped out of the couch just in time as he swung his axe at me. It got embedded right where I was sitting. The cyclops grunted.

The only strength I had against him was that he moved slow but he was completely blocking the only exit to the house so I couldn't run.

I gulped as the cyclops yelled and grabbed the closest thing he could find, a chair. I'm not going to lie, I screamed and ducked as the chair hit the wall behind me and broke into pieces.

"Hey!" I yelled trying to get his attention as he looked around for more stuff to throw. The cyclops turned slowly with his axe in his hand again. "Why are you trying to kill me?"

The cyclops threw the axe in response.

"So resolving this through speech is out of the option," I muttered. The cyclops let out a growl and headed towards me. I stumbled backwards looking for a weapon while facing the monster. I pushed myself into Apollo's room and shut the door behind me.

I quickly glanced around the entire room but I couldn't find anything that would help me fight a one-eyed monster. Unfortunately, Apollo's room was like any other unsupervised boy's room.

"Apollo," I muttered as the cyclops began to struggle with opening the door. "This is a good time to show up."

The cyclops finally gave up on the handle and ran onto the door breaking it in one push. I stumbled backwards and tripped and fell on my back.

I scrambled back to a corner as the cyclops raised his axe.

Well, this is it. I'm going to die...again?

Just as the axe was going to come down I felt my hand get hot. I glanced at my hand to see that I was holding a spear. I had no idea where it came from but I didn't waste any time. I struck the spear tip right into the cyclops chest. I moved to the side as his axe fell from his hands. The cyclops' eye slowly began to close. I let go of the spear and jumped onto the bed.

"Lia?" I turned around to see Apollo stand at the entrance of the room staring at the broken pieces of the door.

I glanced back to see my spear disappear into mist the same way it appeared. The dead cyclops, however, was starting to smell.

I got down the bed and pushed past Apollo and walked into my room after yelling out an "I'm fine!"

But apparently, that wasn't enough for him. Apollo barged into my room. "How did you kill a cyclops?"

"Does privacy mean nothing?" I asked back.

"Illiana Eliza James." He said stressing on each word. "What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing," I replied crossing my arms across my chest. "Trust me. It's better you don't know."

"How about you let me decide that?" Apollo replied as he sat down on my bed.

"Shouldn't you take care of the dead monster under your bed?" I asked.

"Lia..." He gave me a disappointing look. Lucky for me, the doorbell rang. "We are going to talk about this later."

I nodded but I had no intention of doing that. I closed the door and switched off the light. I sat on my bed as I tried to control my breathing.

That cyclops...The weapon...

I hoped I was wrong. But deep down I knew I wasn't.

My door opened letting in the light from the living room. "Apollo, I don't want to talk." 

"Good thing I'm not him then."

My head turned around so fast I was afraid it was going to pop off. I got off the bed and tackled the newcomer into a hug.

"Ansel."

Hope you like it!Vote and comment :)

Hope you like it!
Vote and comment :)