8. Cerberus : Hades' one true love

I snapped awake at the sound of the alarm bells ringing in the room

I snapped awake at the sound of the alarm bells ringing in the room. I got out of my covers and put on a shirt. I could hear the chaos outside my room.

I walked out and locked my room to see all the other warriors standing outside talking in groups, just as confused as I was. Most of them had weapons in their hand. I combed my hair with my fingers trying to remove all the tangles mat were formed.

"Warriors!" Ansel walked into the courtyard with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. "There is an emergency at the entrance. Make your way there and wait for further instructions."

I waited for the crowd to get past the stairs as I approached Ansel. "I haven't been given a sword."

"That's cause we didn't expect anything to happen this soon."

"What happened?"

"You'll see." He replied.

***

"Holy cow." My jaw dropped as I saw the scene unveiling in front of me. I stood on the stage beside a few other newbies.

The three-headed dog, Cerberus (Ansel told me), had gone berserk. His three heads eating up the souls that stood in line.

The warriors threw ropes on top of him trying to tie him down but failed miserably.

Ansel ran up to me. He passed over a sword that was dipping in black goo.

"Weapons?" I asked. "Won't that hurt him?"

"That beast is Hades' one true love," Ansel explained as he dragged her down the stairs towards the dog. "But if he tries to eat you, poke him."

I stood near the dog trying to lift the heavy sword.

"Where's Hades?" I yelled. I jumped back dropping my sword as Cerberus did a 180° turn and snarled at the warriors behind him.

"Busy!" Ansel yelled back as he tried to feed Cerberus, what looked like, raw deer.

I quickly looked around for something that would help. I picked up a sword sheath that must have fallen off someone's belt.

Yes, fallen off. Not eaten. I wasn't even going to consider that.

It wasn't big enough but it would do. I turned around to face the dog but before I could say anything, a calm voice with an edge of steel passed through the hall.

"Sit," Hades said. The warriors took a step back as he stepped forward. Cerberus turned his attention to his master, stopped moving around much but didn't stop growling. "I said...sit."

Cerberus flicked his foot at Hades. Had any other person been there they would have fallen thirty feet back but Hades stood stiff on his spot.

"I don't want to hurt you, boy," Hades said slowly, his voice starting to show signs of anger.

"What if I-" I started but stopped as everyone turned to look at me. "What if I try something?"

Hades turned to his dog. "You hurt her and I will kill you."

"No, you won't." I snap as I walk to the dog.

"What?" Hades asked surprised.

"You will not kill the dog you've had for as long as you've been alive for a girl you met a day ago. Basic bro code, man." I reply shrugging.

I turned to the dog before he could reply. "Cerberus!" All three heads turned to my direction as my heart tore it's way out of my chest and ran in the opposite direction.

I waved the sheath in front of his eyes and threw it as far as I could behind him. "Fetch!"

Cerberus stood still for a second as I prepared myself for stinky breath. Then he ran after the sheath and picked it up with his middle head and ran back to me.

"Good boy. Give the boy some meat." I told Ansel, who walked forward with deer meat and fed it to the heads.

I ruffled all three of his heads and muttered. "I need to go now but I'll play catch with you tomorrow."

Cerberus stood up and turned to leave. But not before giving me a sloppy lick.

I gagged as he turned and left the hall. "Someone needs to teach that boy what toothpaste is. His breath stinks."

"But it was worth it," Ansel commented, grinning, as he elbowed her and pointed to Hades. His mouth was apart and his face shocked.

"How-" Hades let out. He flicked his hand at the other warriors as they began to disperse and walked towards us. "Did you just tame my dog?"

"Not really. He was probably just bored doing nothing all day." I shrugged.

Hades shook his head in awe. "You are amazing."

Ansel raised his eyebrows and looked at the king of the underworld.

Hades cleared his throat as his facial expression changed back to steely. "I meant...uh...good job." He turned to Ansel. "Well, I guess I did pick a good warrior. Didn't I?"

Ansel sighed. "Fine. You did. I guess you were right."

Ansel got closer to me and place an arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him as he looked up at me. What the hell was he doing?

"She is amazing. Just...amazing." He said staring longingly into my eyes. I looked back at Hades to see his eyes darting between us.

"Ansel, we need to talk," Hades said slowly.

"I thought so too," Ansel smirked as he removed his arm. He turned to me. "I'll see you later, Lia."

"Illiana." Hades nodded curtly at me.

"Hades."

He turned to follow Ansel leaving me in the centre of the hall with the dead staring at me.

I sighed. Who knew dying would be so much work?

"Hey, beautiful." A deep voice spoke behind me. I rolled my eyes as I turned around.

"What?" I snapped before letting my eyes take in the sight before me. A man so breathtaking that my heart crawled back into my chest and began beating quickly.

He had bright blue eyes which seemed to change slowly like the color of the sky. His golden hair seemed to light up the room.

He literally looked like he walked off a magazine cover.

But if there was one thing I was good at. It was a good poker face.

"You fought bravely." The man continued. "Now, do me a favour and tell Hades that Apollo is here to see him."

APOLLO IS HERE!Hope you liked it!Vote and comment!

APOLLO IS HERE!
Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment!