19. Immortal sitcom idea : How I met Hades

"Big deal

"Big deal. I married my niece. Zeus married his sister. Apollo has had about a hundred children. Poseidon and Athena have a rivalry that has been going on forever. Athena was born out of Zeus' head after he ate her mother. That was one bad brunch. Hephaestus and Hera despise each other so much I don't think there is a day that goes by that they don't try killing each other. And there is more but I haven't been reading their weekly Iris mail blasts any more so I don't know." Hades said.

"So, I guess I'd blend right in with your family. The girl that killed her father." I laughed. The silence filled the corridor as I was quickly brought myself back to reality. "Shouldn't we are running at the moment?"

"We should," Hades said wistfully. "But I have no idea when I'll see you again. Or if the next time I see you, you'll be a hunter of Artemis. Or Apollo's wife. Oh, I hope it's not the last one. It would really take the fun out of family gatherings."

"Your family gatherings are fun?"

"It is. It's like a sit-com. New episode every season. Except it probably has more violence than the most violent show on earth." Hades replied.

I had a sudden mental image of Hades, Apollo and Artemis sitting in a booth in a bar, drinking beer. Apollo trying to find a girl to lure and saying something along the lines "It's going to be legen- wait for it - dary. Legendary."

"I would have actually liked to take you to one." Hades continued.

I had kept ignoring all the possible clues in the hope that I was wrong. I was about to die, I didn't really have time to deal with a god and his stupid heart problems...strike that...two gods.

"We should move," I replied curtly and got off the floor. I gave Hades a hand and helped him up. He pressed his lips together.

"Right." He agreed. He hovered his hand on the back of my neck. "Consent?"

I nodded my head slightly. He held me by the neck and the wrist. I closed my eyes until Hades removed his hands. I opened my eyes and jumped back. Not because I was dizzy (which I was) but because I didn't realise that when Artemis said downstairs she meant on the bank of a river. The river flowed with a great speed that had I moved forward instead of the back I would have become gravy on the rocks on the side.

"I'll take her somewhere safe and then come back and talk about the vision." I heard Apollo tell Hades as I walked towards them. They were standing further away from the river, Artemis in the same gear as she was wearing before but Apollo had his bow and quiver of arrows.

Hades nodded as he gave me a glance. We hadn't talked about the whole spying-on-apollo thing yet. I had no idea if I should continue it or end it before one of them got hurt.

Hades pulled me to the side and pulled out a dagger. "Ansel told me to convince you to take this yesterday."

It was the same dagger that Ansel had found while digging through my past. I took it and removed the blade from the sheath. It had the word 'freedom' engraved in small font near the hilt.

I put it back in the sheath and pushed it through one of my jeans holes. "Tell him...I'll miss him."

Hades nodded. "And about the Apollo thing...I've decided to trust him."

"So, I don't have to..."

"Yep," Hades replied.

I pressed my lips together as I realised we had nothing else to speak about. I tugged slightly on my new dagger as I cleared my throat. "Well...I need to leave." I said.

"Yeah," Hades said as he took a step back. Before I could rethink it, I hugged him, my hands around his neck.

"Don't be a stranger." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and walked to Apollo and Artemis without giving him a second look.

The twins held me by the arms on both sides, facing Hades, who looked like he just won a match against a rival. He waved his hand as I felt like I was slowly disappearing like Thanos had snapped his finger.

I was so close to feeling like I was going to disappear forever when Apollo spoke.

"So. When you leave me, am I going to get a kiss too?"

 When you leave me, am I going to get a kiss too?"

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment :)