28. I should teach Hades some new swear words

I might be in love with Ansel

Oh wait...the entrance was on fire... I snapped my head back up to the blazing light. I quickly got up and pulled out my dagger. I didn't exactly plan out how I was going to stop the yellow, blazing fire with a pointed blade... but at the moment it was all I could do.

I resisted the urge to look around for Ansel. This was hard. My heart beat faster. My stomach churned. And every moment I spent with Ansel replayed in my head at the speed of light. Every time he touched me. Every time he said my name. When he looked down at me with those caramel eyes. And when he hugged me...

Focus bitch.

But it didn't work. I looked back at Ansel and he stood there in all his glory yelling out orders. The wind blowing his black silky hair onto his face. Which was something I wouldn't have enjoyed if I wasn't infatuated with him.

I felt someone elbow me. I turned to see Tara standing beside me. She had her dagger out too. She muttered something but I couldn't hear her over everyone's screams.

That's when I realised, the ground was shaking. Debris from the palace falling to the ground.

"We need to get out of here!" She yelled, pronouncing every word.

I looked at her confused. Then I could begin to understand what Ansel was saying. He was asking everyone to get out of there.

"You need to go!" I yelled back at Tara. "I'm already dead!"

Tara looked confused but she nodded her head. She turned around and ran to her group of hunters, her wolf running beside her.

I ran to Ansel, making sure not to look at him so I don't get dazed again. "What do we do?"

"We make sure that the waiters are out of harm's way!" He yelled. A sudden blast rang through my ears. Both of us had our hands over our ears as we faced the entrance.

We didn't have a lot of time. I nodded at Ansel and pointed at the group of waiters running while avoiding the falling debris and hoped that Ansel understood what I was going to do.

Halfway through, a hand grabbed mine and before I could see who it was, I wasn't in Mount Olympus anymore.

I looked around. I was seated at a Mc Donalds. Alone. I held my dagger tighter at the hilt.

"Calm down and have the fries." I jumped as Hades popped up in front of me. I glanced at the fries and burger in front of me as Hades calmly drank his coke.

"What."

I was going to ask how he was here but then I realised he told me that gods can be at different places at once.

"Eat, you must be starving." He replied nonchalantly.

"Take me back. Ansel is out there fighting - " I argued.

"And you're going to help how? Have you learnt how to fire bend in the last three months?" Hades cut me off.

"No, but -"

"No buts. You can't help him. And clearly, Apollo was wrong. I'm taking you back to the underworld." Hades replied.

"What?"

Hades leaned forward to grab some fries. I hit his hand and he dropped them. "Mine," I muttered.

Hades raised an eyebrow but leaned back.

"How are things there?"

"It's alright. Poseidon and Hephaestus are taking care of it. Ansel took everyone outside to safety. I'm sipping some really good wine." He frowned. "I should find out what it is."

I rolled my eyes. "Is that really important right now?"

"What?" Hades stretched the word.

"So Ansel is safe?" I asked. I held my breath as I waited for an answer.

Hades squinted his eyes at me. "Yeah, he's fine. You seem more worried about how he's doing that how Apollo is." He stated.

"That's cause I know that Apollo is safe. He's a god. He should be safe right?" I replied quickly.

"Yeah...and Ansel is already dead. He can't die more." Hades said slowly. I didn't reply. His face dawned with realisation. "Broken bones! - "

Which, I'm assuming, is how he swore.

" - this is Aphrodite's doing isnt it? You're in love with Ansel."

I still didn't reply. "Can you do anything about it?"

"Can I? Excuse me, you're talking to the ruler of the underworld. Don't worry, I'll talk to the love queen." Hades replied as he reached for some of my fries again. This time, I let him take it.

I bit my lip as we sat there in silence. A million things ran around my mind but I couldn't get myself to concentrate on one. How did the fire start? Why was I the center of some random prophecy? Hades seemed pretty chill. Does that mean that the fire has no impact on the gods? If that's the case then who started it and what was the point?

I took a deep breath and got up. "What do we do now?" I asked Hades. He was still seated munching on fries.

"We stay low for a while. Most of the gods believe it's you who started the fire." Hades replied.

"Well, someone is clearly setting me up." I said.

"I know," Hades sighed as he got up. He pulled out some dollar bills and dropped them on the table. "The problem is that I know who it is."

My gaze shot up to meet his. "Who?"

Hades let out a deep breath. He stood with both his hands in his pockets, looking at me the way anyone would look at a goat right before it got slaughtered.

"Hera."

✘✘✘
I'm so terribly sorry. I've been really busy with college that I haven't been able to finish writing my books. But now that I'm back I will update a lot more frequently.

Thank you for everyone who stayed with the story for this long. I really appreciate it guys.

Sorry again.

Please vote and comment and let me know how you like the story so far.