Chapter 1: "Death is only the beginning."

Rosalyn's POV

"What the hell are you even wearing Stella? Is that sweater your grandma's?" My voice resonated through the school hall as I shouted at my 'Once Upon a Time' friend Stella, who held her notebook in her hand, clutching it tightly against her chest.

She is such a mess.

A tear escaped her eye as she pushed a strand of her amber red hair behind her ear and adjusted her round, reading glasses that covered half of her face. Her feet were trembling with fear and disquietness, just the way I wanted them to.

Folding my arms, I looked at her in sheer disgust. "You are such a fashion disaster Stella. I feel ashamed to call you my friend. Today is the last day of junior year! Couldn't you have worn something better?" I asked in the bitchiest tone possible.

"Rose, please stop. She's hurting," Kristen, my friend said, placing a gentle hand over my shoulder, while passing a concerned look at Stella.

"Why should I stop Kristen? She deserves it. I am speaking the truth as always, and you must know, the truth is always bitter," I replied proudly, flipping my chocolate brown hair over my shoulder, narrowing my eyes at the trembling girl in turn. I hated nerds. Being the popular girl with the world at her feet is all I've ever wanted. I wonder what took me so long to ditch these loosers. Perhaps I valued friendship over fame. My bad.

"I'm... I'm sorry Rose," Stella muttered under her breath, on the verge of tears. People might call me a bully, and maybe I am. It's just the immeasurable joy that I experience while shaming others that keeps me going. A moment later, the bell for the first period rang.

"Ugh... last day of the school year. Have to make it through today. Come on Kristen, let's get to class rather than wasting time on this loser here." I grabbed Kristen's hand and pulled her to the classroom, giving one last hateful look to Stella, as she was left standing all alone in the hallway, just the way she deserved.

_______________

I spent the first two classes, wondering what my next scandalous activity of the day should be. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind. I had this boyfriend, Morgan, but I never really liked him. He was kind and helpful, but all that is so boring. I had been looking for a proper opportunity to break up with him, but had not gotten the chance to. What better option would it be to end things than on the last day of school before Summer Vacations begin? By the time senior year starts, he would have gotten over it. No damage caused!

I am such a genius!

During lunch, I walked up to his locker, as he was putting his books into, his auburn orbs focused solely on his locker.

"Morgan, I hate to break it to you, but we are over," I said in as cold a tone as possible. Morgan stared at me, clearly astounded and bewildered.

"Are you serious Rose?" He asked, as if he hadn't seen it coming all along.

"Damn sure," I nodded, passing him a pitiful look.

"So I guess I am one of those innumerable boyfriends you have thrown away so far, right? And what's the reason now, huh? That you deserve better? Is that it?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Come on Morgan. Don't be so heartbroken now. I know you want me, but I can't reciprocate your feelings for me. You never felt like the 'it' guy to me. We seemed more like 'just friends' in the disguise of lovers. I want someone who pampers me, who spends time with me, and you were clearly unable to do so all this time," I answered, frustrated at his antics.