Chapter 18: Nirvana

Amber's POV

As I stepped into the bar, I diverted my attention towards the poker tables where seven men in their late forties sat playing. "Are you in?" My earpiece chimed.

"Yeah."

"Do you see Theodor?"

Focusing closely, I noticed a blue eyed man, with streaks of white in his dark, chestnut brown hair, dressed in quite non-formal clothes unlike his companions. "As a matter of fact, I do. Tell Sydney that I said thanks, lest I would've taken someone else their home tonight." I walked up to the poker table, "Theodor McCarthy!" My voice was full and proper, poised with the fluent British accent I had learnt over the years while I practised my nursing career in England.

Theodor looked startled. "... Yes?"

"I'm Chelsea Xanders

"I'm Chelsea Xanders. I've heard a lot about you." I put my hand forward in a handshake and bit my lip seductively.

"All good, I suppose?" He flirted back, tracing his finger up my hand.

"Good indeed," I flashed my million dollar smile.

"You've heard good about this fella? Sorry to hurt your sentiments babe, but the real man here is only me," a bearded man with neatly combed blond hair mocked.

"Next time, honey," I sent a flying kiss in his direction.

"So, who are you, beautiful?" Theodor asked me.

"Consider me as your lucky charm for the night."

"I'm afraid luck won't be able to save his ugly ass." The others broke out laughing.

"We'll see about that, won't we gentlemen?" I inched my face closer to Theodor's ear and whispered, "I'm going to watch them and figure out their tell. If I rub my left eyebrow, that means they're bluffing."

"Got it," he nodded.

"Now, can we begin?"

"I won't bother you lot." Ordering a drink, I took a seat at the bar such that the blond's cards were clearly visible to me.

On his turn, he pushed a large number of chips into the pot, barely glancing at his cards before doing so. Examining the cards in his hands, I didn't rub my left eyebrow. Theodor seemed to notice it too. "I'll fold."

"Playing it safe, huh? Well, we've got much time in our hands."

In the next round, the blond man doubled his last bet. "It would be better if you just quit, McCarthy." He mocked him. I kept myself from laughing at his cards. Theodor shifted his attention to me through veiled glances. I casually lifted my hand to adjust my hair, fingers skimming slightly over my left eyebrow.

"I see you... and I'll raise you, five grand."

As all the cards were revealed, the blond man scowled before he showed his weaker hand. "How...?" He seemed startled for a split second. "Amateur's luck, I get it, but I have the entire night to feed you my dust." He scoffed in arrogance.