Chapter 4: One of us.

Rosalyn's POV

The next day, I woke up, the warm sun rays warming my face from the adjacent window. I stretched myself and sat up on my bed, feeling the most relieved I had been in the last few months.

The sleeping spell must have worked.

Climbing down from my bed, I headed towards the kitchen, only to find my aunt cooking breakfast. "Good morning Aun... I mean Amber," I greeted her with a slight smile.

"Good morning Rose," she greeted me. "So, I'm making scrambled eggs, toast and bacon. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, of course," I nodded.

"Great. Get ready for school. It's already 7."

"But what about the ritual?"

"I have not gotten the supplies yet. I'll have them ready by the time you return."

"Alright," saying so, I walked into the bathroom and took a long shower. As the warm water hit me, I felt relaxed and calmer. The jasmine body wash felt soothing and tranquilizing. I showered a bit longer than usual, letting myself drown in the relaxation, before I wore the bath robe and dried my hair.

I got out of the bathroom, only to experience the mouth-watering smell of breakfast. The golden brown scrambled eggs were spread over the perfect- looking toasts, steaming deliciously. The bacon was placed on a side, with its reddish brown side on the top, by the look of which, I could understand that it was going to be delicious. My mouth hung open slightly on seeing the view.

"Bon appetite," Amber said, serving herself a plate.

"All... All of this is for me?"

"Oh no, I'll feed them to the birds. Just brought them here to ensure that you're envious." She teased, sitting across from me.

I paused for a second. She was clearly messing with me.

"Kiddin'. Now sit down before it gets cold!"

And as I had predicted, the food was absolutely appetizing. The scrambled eggs melted in my mouth, the slight tangy taste of tomato ketchup adding to its flavour, blending in perfectly. The breads were toasted perfectly as I took a bite with a satisfying crunch. The bacon was the star of the dish. It was crispy on the upper and soft on the inner side. The knife easily cut into it, as I popped a piece of it into my mouth, closing my eyes and savouring the heavenly flavours. "Oh my God Amber! It's delicious," I exclaimed, mouth still filled with food, "How can you even cook something like this? You should already be on MasterChef!"

"Well, if MasterChef starts a witch edition, I'll think about it."

The two of us chuckled. How strange it was for me to know something that I hadn't all these years. Brushing aside my thoughts, I quickly ate my breakfast, which was practically the most delicious meal I had ever eaten in my life. I got up to go to the guest room, which was now my bedroom and opened my suitcase. Most of the dresses were wrinkled as I didn't have the time to iron them that morning.

"Uh... Amber, can I wear any of your dresses? I forgot to unpack the other day and I just realised how wrinkled all of them are."

"Yeah sure," she said, finishing up the last bit of her breakfast. "Let's get to my room. You can choose the dress you want to wear."

"Thanks," I smiled as Amber got up, took her plates and placed them on the kitchen sink. She washed and dried her hands before heading towards her room, telling me to follow her.

I had already seen her room yesterday, and nothing seemed different today either. I had thought that her room would be filled with skulls and purple orbs, but thankfully, they weren't. She opened the closet door revealing at least forty dresses, trousers, denims, palazzos, skirts and much more. "Choose the one you like," she said motioning her hands towards the open closet door.