Chapter 14: Outwitted

Rosalyn's POV

"How's your leg now?" Kristen said as we walked to school together.

"Better." Stepping up the stairs, we entered the hallway, only to find a number of police officers in their beige outfits, talking to a few students, possibly interrogating them of last night's havoc. We rushed upstairs into the room we had hidden in last night.

"Uncle?" Kristen called out to the Sheriff. Amidst the crowd of officers, teachers and students alike, Sheriff Martinez walked up to her neice. "What's happening?" She asked.

"We suspect that this might be a case of a possible break in

"We suspect that this might be a case of a possible break in."

"Do you know who might be behind this?"

"Not yet."

"What about the CCTV footage?"

"The control room had been broken into last night. Any possible evidence is gone."

"That's terrible..."

He nodded silently, deep in thought, "You girls don't happen to know anything about it, do you?"

Kristen and I shared a nervous glance before shaking our heads in unison, "No. Of course not. How would we, anyways?" I laughed it off, trying my best to lie. He nodded, feeling suspicious at first but the feeling faded away soon after.

Right then, the P.A. System chimed, "Classes have been cancelled for the rest of the day. I repeat- Classes have been cancelled for the rest of the day."

Sheriff Martinez turned to look at us. "Alright. I want you both to head back home."

I was about to turn around when Kristen spoke up, "Actually, we need to go to The Grill, to discuss a project."

He gave thought to the matter, "... Well then, but return home before evening and lock all the doors and windows. I might have a late night shift today."

"Bye," she embraced him in a loving hug, "take care, alright?"

He nodded. "You too sweetheart."

______________

At The Grill...

"I take it we're not here to discuss about any project, are we?" Damien asked as the four of us sat at one of the booths of The Grill.

"No, but by what we have found, Melanie could've easily transformed into a Gorgon and turned the janitor into stone long before midnight. Why wait for so long?"

"You mean to say that the Gorgon doesn't have any control over its shift?"

"I bet on a no."

"So the best time to strike is at midnight?"

"Exactly, that's when it's in its true form. Anyways, does anyone know how to kill a Gorgon?" I asked.

"You're the witch. You come up with the ideas." Damien replied coldly.