Chapter 34: Trapped

Dedicated to Queen_of_life_Heba for being such a loyal reader and a great supporter, and also for designing these lovely covers for Mysteries and Mayhem!

You should all check out her Graphics shop and her book Genesis: The Story Retold

You should all check out her Graphics shop and her book Genesis: The Story Retold. She's a fantastic writer!

Alright, back to the story!

________________

Rosalyn's POV

As I stood before the casket, bewilderment overwhelmed me at the thought of Ms. Davenport becoming a prey to a vampire...

"Rose?" Mrs. Gallagher called out to me.

Glancing at her, I knew that only she could give me the answers I needed. I walked upto my seat and sat down before taking in a deep breath. "Mrs. Gallagher?"

"Yes?"

"Did Ms. Davenport have an autopsy?"

"There was no need for one. She collapsed right in front of me. I did call 911, and the medics took her to the hospital, but it was too late." She wiped off a tear from her eye, "Poor Lydia..."

"I-- I have to go." Gathering my senses, I got up.

"You could stay till the burial ceremony." Mrs. Gallagher suggested.

"It's urgent. I'm sorry..." Grabbing my bag, I stormed out of the room as a hundred eyes stared at me. Once outside, I noticed that Kristen had followed me.

"What was that about?" She asked, completely clueless of the scenario.

"Kristen, Ms. Davenport's death was not because of a heart failure. She was murdered, by a vampire!"

"A vampire? Are you sure?"

"I am! Ms. Davenport had two fang marks on the side of her neck!" I yelled in frustration.