Chapter 27: Lose Your Mind

Note: This chapter contains violence and scenes regarding animal harm. Reader's discretion is advised.

Rosalyn's POV

The next day...
3.45 p.m.

After a five hour long journey, Amber and I finally reached our hotel room. "I can't feel my hands," I said, plopping down onto the soft and smooth mattress.

"Yeah me too." She placed the luggage on the floor, next to the bed.

"When do we have to go?"

"Soon, but I suggest you rest now. Whatever happens next will tire you more than you already are.

"... Alright, but before that, I needed to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"It's about... a memory I had recovered from your mind. A memory about my grandfather, Emery."

"Oh, so you know about it now, don't you?"

"I don't know... Was he possessed by some spirit?"

"Possession doesn't even compare to what got to him."

"Then what did?"

"... Blood magic."

"You mean black magic?"

"No. Blood magic is more sinister and dangerous. The person under its influence tends to lose his mind, slowly and gradually, until one day, when all hope's lost."

"Then why didn't anyone among you try to break the bond? Why did you leave after his death?"

"It was because the attack wasn't just meant for him. It was meant for all of us. Blood magic can be performed only by an enormously skilled Blood Attuned Elemental witch."

"Or a Salem witch?"

"I wouldn't know. Not much is known about them, except for the fact that they came into existence around fifty years after the first vampire was born."

"So what do we do now?"

"Bury the hatchet and that's all. You need to be prepared for what's ahead. This is our only shot."

I nodded in understanding. After freshening up, my eyelids drooped before I sunk into a deep sleep, unsure of what would come next...

_____________

6 p.m.

Passing from lane to lane, Amber and I finally approached a restaurant. The banner on top read, 'Enigma - Bar and Restaurant' in a bold and fancy manner. Neon lights emitted from the signboard. "This is it. Let's go in."

Climbing up the stairs, we pushed open the sliding glass doors and made our way in. The interior of the restaurant was magnificently decorated with cherry blossoms, neon lights and lanters. "Whoa! This place is literally thrice the size of The Grill."

"Enigma is the largest and oldest Restaurant in Japan. It has been serving customers since 1922, when it was only a bar, serving whiskey and nothing more," Amber stated.

"That's fascinating, but are you sure this is the right place? I mean it looks pretty normal to me," I shrugged.

"I'm sure. Follow me." We walked up to the man sitting on the counter. A smile spread on his face once he gazed at us.

"Konbanwa. What can I help you with?" He greeted us.