Chapter 38: Fight and No Flight

This chapter is dedicated to nikkilime, Robert_Downey_Jr1 and Creativecolette for being such lovely readers for this book! This one is for you guys! Now, back to the story!

_____________

Stella's POV

I was in my peaceful land of sleep when the curtains drew apart and the bright sun rays fell on my face, waking me up. I rubbed my eyes, adjusting to the sudden outburst of brightness as I realized it was Aurora who had committed that crime.

"Can you allow me a few moments of peace?" I asked, sitting up on the bed.

"Define a few minutes."

I rolled my eyes, "What time is it?"

"11 a.m."

"What? It's almost noon! Why did you not wake me up sooner?"

"I wanted you to sleep properly, after all the harshness you have faced over the last few days, you deserved it," her gaze softened, "don't get used to it. I show kindness only once. Now, freshen up and have your breakfast. Your training starts today."

"Fine. Will you please leave me alone now? You can't be invading my privacy everytime."

"Honestly speaking, this is my house you are living in. But since you insist, I'll leave," a playful grin spread across her face as she left. Shutting the door, I pulled back the curtains and took off my daylight ring and placed it on the bedside table.

Cannot risk being burnt again, now that I am a vampire.

After brushing and taking a thirty minute-long, relaxing shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and left the bathroom... only to have an encounter with the sun's rays yet again, and this time, the heat was unbearable. My skin began burning before I quickly turned to a corner to avoid the rays, only to find a grinning Aurora holding my daylight ring.

"You bi--"

"Rule number one of being a vampire: Never take off your daylight ring," she said.

"You ccoul've told that to me in a much simpler way."

"Sometimes, you need to hurt yourself to learn a few lessons."

"Enough of your philosophical talk. Now return my daylight ring," I extended my hand.

"Here, catch," she said, throwing the ring in my ddirection before I caught it, stumbling a few steps forward. I put it back on instantly.

"Good. At least you can be taught something. Since you have taken such a long time in getting ready, meet me outside in five. We'll have breakfast in my car."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

________________

"Wow! I didn't expect vampires to eat actual food besides blood," I said, taking a prompt bite of my veg sandwich as the car drove past the trees on either side of the clear road.

"We need blood as the minimum means to survive. Other than that, our eating habits are pretty much the same as humans," Aurora explained, her gaze focused on the road.

I nodded, looking at the road and the surroundings around us. Not a single trace of human life was visible in miles.

"Where are we even going?... Oh my god! Are you kidnapping me?"