Chapter 50: A Walk Down Memory Lane

Rosalyn's POV

Darkness surrounded me as I struggled to find my way out. "Hello? Anyone there?" I called out, but my voice came echoing back to me.

Does Eleanor not want me to see her past? Did the spell fail? Am I in hell?

Thoughts started racing in my mind at an immeasurable speed, until a flash of light immersed me in a such a bright glow that I struggled to keep my eyes open.

____________

"We will name her Genevieve." An intimidating familiar voice spoke. I opened my eyes. There, in front of me, sat Nathaniel, a big smile plastered across his face. I looked down, only to find that I was holding a new born baby in my arms. However, I could not feel the weight of the child and neither could I move. I was trapped in Eleanor's body, and was seeing the world through her eyes.

____________

Eleanor's POV

1005 A.D.

The afternoon sun dawned on my face as I watched my children play on the stony ground.

"You are it!" Damien shouted, touching Aurora's shoulder.

"Not again!" She huffed, before sprinting to catch the others.

"They look so happy." Nathaniel came outside and sat beside me.

"I wish this lasts forever." I said, leaning onto his shoulder.

"Mother, look what I found." Genevieve came up to me, holding a lilac flower in her hand.

"This is so pretty. Want me to tuck it in your hair?"

She nodded. I took the flower from her hand and tucked it behind her ear.

"You look like a princess." Nathaniel smiled.

"Now you are it!" Aurora ran up to Genevieve, tagging her on her arm.

"You did not just do that!" Genevieve hurried to tag the others as Nathaniel and I laughed.

______________

1009 A.D.

"Mother, look at this." Damien said, coming up to me with a sobbing face. I looked at the spot where he pointed to. There was a cut on his arm, blood oozing out of it. He had injured himself.

"Oh my god, Damien." I knelt down in front of him and touched his hand. "Close you eyes. I will do a healing spell on you."

He shut his teary eyes as I took a deep breath before starting my incantation, but before I could, a firm hand gripped my shoulder, pushing it away. I glanced up to find Nathaniel looking down at me.

"You will not do any spell on him. A boy who cries because of small injuries as this is not eligible to be called a human." He said, anger boiling in his voice.

Damien fluttered his eyes open. "Fa--" Before he could speak, Nathaniel slapped him hard across his cheek, which turned red immediately. He broke down into more tears.

"Nathaniel, he is hur--"

"I do not want to hear anything. Man up young boy or I will kill you myself." He said before walking away. Damien's tiny body embraced me in a teary hug. I wrapped my arms around him. "It will be fine, Damien. He is doing this for your own good."

_____________

1017 A.D.

I was preparing the afternoon meal for my family when I heard footsteps outside the front door, followed by a knock. I opened the door, only to find Aurora, Vincent and Damien all bloodied and bruised.