Chapter 37: Revelations

Dedicated to the awesome AshleshaBhagat and omg_Crystal_22 for being so supportive of this book! God knows what I would have done without you fantastic readers. So, without any further ado, let's dive into it, shall we?

_______________

Rosalyn's POV

"How long have you known?" I asked Kristen, folding my arms.

"I swear- I came to know about it accidentally just like you did," Kristen answered.

"Care to elaborate?"

"One day, I was returning from my archery practice when..."

______________

Kristen's POV

The road was too dark for me to see clearly. I decided to walk back home since it wasn't too far away. All of a sudden, I heard a distant moaning. In reflex, I turned my eyes in the noise's direction. Pinned to one of the trees in front of me were the bodies of two people, seemingly a man and a woman making out. I decided to pass by unnoticed.

When I passed by the tree, the moans turned into wails. On turning back to look at the tree, I encountered a dreadful sight. The woman's back was facing me, as a result of which I could make out the manly figure's mouth on her neck, biting into her skin, drawing out blood.

"Stop!" I warned before drawing my arrow out of my quiver and aimed it at the figure and shot it in his direction. It hit him on the shoulder before he staggered a few steps back.

"Ugh..." he grunted. The moonlight shone on his face as I could make out the familiarity in his features... He was Damien. My eyes widened in shock.

His fangs receded as he stared in my direction. "Kristen--"

"Don't you dare come near me!" I threatened him.

"Kristen I can explain. Just give me a chance to," he begged, clutching his upper arm where the arrow protruded out of his skin.

"How can you possibly explain being a bloodsucker, huh?"

"It's not as it seems."

"It seems pretty clear that you were killing that woman right before of my eyes!"

"I wasn't killing her! I was only feeding off of her with her permission."

"Way to tell a lie Damien!" I scoffed.

"... Fine! I might've compelled her into letting me drink her blood."

"That's the same as forcing her! A small part of me always thought that you were good, but you're nothing less than a demon!" I screamed.

"I'm not a demon!" he shouted.

"I... I need to inform Rose. Your entire family is a lie! Vincent, Aurora, they're all liars!" I said taking out my phone.

"No, please Kristen don't. Rose and Vincent are finally getting along. I have never seen my brother as happy as he is now. Please, don't do anything to break them apart."

I considered his point for a moment, and decided not to let Rose know about it. I had seen the happiness she experienced with Vincent around her. I don't want to ruin that.

"Fine. I won't tell her anything."

"Thank you, Kristen," he said, nearing me.

"Don't you dare come near me."