Chapter 3: Meeting the Hydra

(Normal pov)

Blaze and the five there Night Fury's led Hiccup to the Hydra's chamber of the nest, and it was massive to say the least. A dark pit that glowed a deep burning magma like color, there were stalagmites that hung from the ceiling above that dripped an abundance of water, and there we swarms of dragons that settled with the alpha's section of the nest, which were only the Hydra's most elite and deadliest within its swarm.

When the Night Fury's and Hiccup reached the edge of the entrance of the Hydra's chambers, all six Fury's bowed their heads and Blaze boomed out.

::Oh great Hydra, hear us, it is I, Blaze. We have brought a human that has bonded with our now deceased brother. He wishes to break words with you::

Hiccup looked down the pit to see movement and then he gasped as three enormous serpent like heads emerged from the smoke down below. The Hydra's heads were heavily armored, their razor sharp teeth were the width of ships, their eyes were a dark orangish-red and they had long gray spines coming out of their heads and traveled down their body and disappearing in the smoke.

The sight of the three serpent like heads caused Hiccup to bow down; a gesture of respect and submission. Following the humans example, those who dwelled within the Hydra's chamber bowed their heads to their alpha, Hiccup then heard a powerful, deep and thunderous voice inside his mind.

::WHAT IS IT, THAT YOU WISH TO SPEAK HUMAN?::

Hiccup looked up to face the Hydra's three heads and answered its question. "Great Hydra. I am Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. My life among humans has been a hell that I've been forced to suffer for fifteen long years. Three moons ago, I was to be executed for befriending my faithful dragon— Toothless, who is the brother of Blaze and his siblings. Toothless was murdered by a Viking girl who is destined to become a shield maiden, and I have sworn to my gods that she will suffer, as will all of those who have harmed me." The auburn haired teenager took a step closer and continued to speak to the massive Hydra. "I wish to speak of ending your mortal nemesis— Red Death."

The Hydra's face twisted with rage at the mentioning of the tyrannical Queen of Dragons, one of the heads of the great alpha moved towards Hiccup until it was within inches of Hiccup's frame.

::AND TELL US, HICCUP HADDOCK III, HOW DO YOU PLAN ON SLAYING THE RED DEATH?::

Hiccup gazed into the Hydra's eyes and responded boldly and with confidence. "From what Blaze has already told me, the Red Death forces her nest to serve her, if they fail to bring her back a great tribute of food, then those dragons are eaten themselves. Dragons deserve to live freely, not live in fear by a lazy dragon who is unfit of the title Queen of Dragons!" All around, the dragons all growled and roared in agreement at Hiccup's words, but the Hydra let out a thunderous hiss, and every dragon fell silent.

Turning back to the small human, the Hydra nodded one of its heads; urging Hiccup to continue speaking. "You great Hydra are the one who most invoke the challenge of stripping the Red Death of its power over the dragons of Helheim's Gate and return them here to us." One of the Hydra heads cocked while the other two looked at each other and then returned their attention back to Hiccup. "Should the Red Death fight unfairly and with dishonor? Then have me ride Blaze and bring the other Fury's with you. I know how to ride a dragon, but more importantly? I know how to bond with one. If we succeed? Then you will have two nests worth of dragons at your command. You will not only receive gratitude and praise for ending the Red Death's reign of terror, but you will have loyalty from those who lived in fear under the mad queens rule."

Hiccup extended his arms out and continued. "I look around this chamber and could see the loyalty your dragons give you! That is because you rule over them with love, kindness, fairness and respect. The Red Death is a parasite that deserves to be eradicated." Speaking all he wanted for the time being, Hiccup held his breath as the Hydra heads seemed to be communicating amongst themselves; discussing whether to follow Hiccup's plan or to continue to stand by and watch more dragons suffer at an unworthy alpha. After a solid minute, the Hydra turns back to Hiccup and hisses out.

::WHAT ELSE IS IT THAT YOU WANT HICCUP HADDOCK? WE CAN SENSE THE HONESTY AND TRUTH IN YOUR WORDS, HOWEVER...:: The Hydra's head came even closer to Hiccup and the boy held his breath as he felt a gust of warm breath wash over his whole body. ::... WE CAN SENSE THAT YOUR LUST OF REVENGE INVOLVES NOT ONLY EVERY DRAGON WITHIN THIS NEST, BUT EVEN TO NESTS HERE AND BEYOND::

Hiccup bowed his head at the Hydra and revealed his intentions. "Yes great alpha, I wish not only to grow a massive army of dragons, but of man as well." Before the Hydra could scoff at this very idea, Hiccup continued. "The Vikings of Norway, Sweden and Denmark have been plagued by the dragon raids orchestrated by the Red Death. We kill the Red Death? We then present its head to the those who I believe will become vital allies, and we can conquer worlds and empires!!"

From the depths of the pit, three more heads emerged from the smoke, causing Hiccup to gasp in shock at the sight, but the three other heads then lowered themselves to Hiccup and bared their teeth at the vengeful boy.

::YOUR PATH CAN ONLY LEAD TO DEATH AND DESTRUCTION HICCUP HADDOCK. IF YOU CLAIM TO BE A FRIEND OF DRAGONS, WHY WOULD WANT TO PUT OUR SPECIES KIND IN DANGER TO SLAKE YOUR THRIST FOR VENGEANCE?::

Licking his lips, Hiccup sighed heavily before looking into the eyes of the other three Hydra heads. "There is only one thing Vikings respect more than legends and glory. And that's strength. I swear upon the Aesir and all that is holy in Asgard that should you choose to go along with my plan? Both our species will thrive and I will ensure the Viking I choose to recruit among us will treat you all with respect, compassion and equality. I swear to you, great Hydra." Hiccup bowed his head and kneeled while awaiting the alpha's answer.

Blaze and the other Fury's had been listening to the exchange of words the whole time and they were already on board with Hiccup's plan. Not only to avenge their brothers murder, but to go beyond Norway and see what else is out there in the world. But first they needed their alpha's approval before they such dreams could become a reality. Together, all six Hydra heads gazed down on Hiccup and they let out a gentle yet powerful purr.

::VERY WELL HICCUP HADDOCK. WE, THE HYDRA, YOU, AS WELL AS BLAZE AND HIS SIBLINGS WILL ACCOMPANY US TO HELHEIM'S GATE AND SLAY THE RED DEATH AND END HER TYRANNICAL REIGN. AND IN THE ACT? WE SHALL TAKE THE FIRST STEPS OF YOUR QUEST OF VENGENCE::

Hiccup looked up at the Hydra's six serpent like heads and smiled at them before thanking them. "You have my gratitude great one. And I swear to you, you won't regret this decision." The Hydra let out a hum before letting out a mighty roar that echoed throughout the entire nest; letting the swarm know that war against the Red Death has officially begun and that they must ready themselves for the future conflicts on the horizon. Blaze then roared out to the Hydra and bowed his head before asking his alpha.

::When do we leave, great one?::

The Hydra gazed down at Hiccup before urging the human to climb on Blaze's back, the human obeyed the alpha's silent command and climbed on top of Blaze's back. Turning to the six Night Fury's the Hydra answered Blaze's question.

::NOW::

A/N: Next chapter is gonna be like some Godzilla like stuff! Red Death vs Hydra? Whew! The next chapter is gonna be crazy is all I'm gonna say. Be sure to stay tuned for the next update and I'll catch y'all later.